Notices

Hotels in Bruges and Antwerp

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 03:30 AM
Dave

Hotels in Bruges and Antwerp

I'm going to Bruge for 2 days in August. I've been told the Romantik Pandhotel is nice. Anyone been there? Any other recommendations? Also interested in recommendaitons in Antwerp. Thanks!

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 04:48 AM
edward

I have to strongly recommend the Hotel Prinsenhof in Bruges - wonderful, great, excellent, and besides that it is very nice! Really, it is a really good hotel with great owners, very nice rooms and a really good breakfast service.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Betty

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:31 AM
martine (from Belgium)

Hi Dave. I know the price and it is not cheap. It is a luxuary hotel in the center of bruges and it is indead very good. For a standard double you pay 208 euros and for a superior deluxe double 263 euros. The adress is: Hotel Prinsenhof, Ontvangersstraat 9, 8000 Brugge, Belgium tel: 0032 5034 26 90
fax: 0032 50 34 23 21
I live near Antwerp, and I will see if i can get you adresses of good hotels there.I'll let you know.
Have a nice trip in our country

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:44 AM
trying

Bruges accomodations have been discussed several times here, so please do a search. (I'm not positive about Antwerp). One place I have recommended is Hotel Cordinear (sp?) in Bruges, a minute's walk from the main square. I'm thinking it was US $65-85 per night with breakfast.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 07:48 AM
edward

Yes Martine is correct it is not cheap, but it is worth EVERY cent you pay. We were there in off season and got a real good deal but I am sure in summer you will pay the full price. We actually got our superior room for under $120 US per night so it was good deal. By the way if you are driving the hotel furnishes free parking which is very nice to have.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 08:09 AM
Myriam

One of the most beautiful and charming hotels in Antwerp is De Witte Lelie (www.dewittelelie.be). Prices range between 170 euro for a single with balcony to 400 euro for a large suite.
Top location, 5 min. from historical centre in a quiet one-way street (Keizerstraat).
In the same street Hotel Prinse (www.hotelprinse.be), prices between 102 euro for a single and 137 euro for a suite. Value for money.
Both hotels have a private garage and both are breakfast included.
Right in the centre, facing Our Lady's Cathedral, is the Best Western Villa Mozart.
And of course you can also stay in the Antwerp Hilton Groenplaats (old centre) or the newer Astrid Park Plaza (across the Central Station) although I would not recommend the Central Station area.
If you need more information about Antwerp, I live in the area.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Mike

Message: Myriam, I know there has been posting about the diamond trade in Antwerp, do you know anything about sales, tours etc. you might suggest.

Old Jun 12th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Myriam

Mike, I have no experience myself with tours in the diamond quarter. You will find some information on the website of The Diamond High Council (HRD) in Antwerp on http://www.hrdcan.com where there's also an email address.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Dave

Thank you all for the kind and informative responses.

Dave

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:02 AM
cherie

We just returned from a week in Belgium We spent 2 nights at the Romantik Pandhotel. I read about it here on this sight , along with the Prinsenhof and others. We finally decided ont eh Pandhotel. It was the highlight of our trip for several reasons. The room was beautiful and roomy with all comforts - including jacuzzi. The breakfast was served in a lovely room and the breakfast was delicious. But most of all they were so accomodating and helpful to us. They had internet connection in lobby that was available at no cost whenever you wanted to check e-mail or get on-line. They kept bowl of fruit in lobby for you to take with you for snacks. My friend had forgotten a prescription she needed. They arranged for a doctor to write a prescription for her - they handled everything - which was a huge help since the hotel we stayed in in Brussels told her she would have to go to a hospital and see a doctor to get a prescription. I highly recommend this hotel - great service, they go out of their way to accomodate their guests. Go andenjoy! Bruge is beautiful.

Old Jun 21st, 2002, 07:07 AM
Dave

Cherie:

I'm please to hear a first hand account of the Pandhotel. I've heard so many great things about the Prisenhof that I have had a tough time deciding. Both have rooms available, but the Pandhotel is a little cheaper and I'm inclined to stay there.

Thanks to everyone!
Dave

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 04:50 PM
carol

Hello Everyone, I checked the web site for Hotel Prinse and it does not appear to be what I am looking for. Does anyone have a suggestion for a hotel in Antwerp in the 80Euro price that is not so sterile looking? When in Europe I prefer to stay in small hotel that is a little more European looking. Any suggestions Myriam, since you live in the area?
Thank you.

t is didn't appear to have much Europenapretty American looking

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 03:01 AM
Myriam

Sorry, no other suggestions below 80 euro. Agree that Prinse is not really charming, it's just a small and modern looking hotel at a very good rate. If you mean "stylish" by "European looking" I'm afraid you'll have to adjust your budget ...

Old Jun 24th, 2002, 03:42 PM
ddd

I can tell you that the Both the Best Western Navarra and Acacia are beautiful hotels. Great service too.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:43 PM
Dina

I stayed at the Romantik Pandhotel in January and loved it! The staff was wonderful, the rooms a nice size for europe and the lobby area is fabulous.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 02:21 PM
xxx

Another vote for the Romantik Pandhotel. We spent 2 nights in a Jr. Suite and loved it. As mentioned the breakfast room is gorgeous and the food and service was great!!!! Anotherhihglight was the free walking tour of Brugge offered every afternoon at 2:00. The guide, Andrew, was a ~70-something native of Brugge who was a wealth of information and history-very enjoyable.

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Dave

I just returned from my trip to Benelux. Thanks for the recommendations in Bruges - Romantik Pandhotel was great. You can't beat the location, and the staff was extremely helpful and courtious. The free walking tour hosted by Andrew was one of the hi-lites of the trip!

Thanks for the many suggestions!
Dave

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 03:35 AM
BTilke

Another accommodation choice I suggest investigating is Number 11 (www.number11.be). Very popular with Belgian and French visitors.
BTilke (Brussels)