Heathrow Accommodation

Search

Heathrow Accommodation

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heathrow Accommodation

For our last night in the UK, rather than be in a hotel along the highway, I am looking for an interesting spot to stay somewhere about a 30 min drive from Heathrow. Someone suggested Hayes - has anyone heard of it? Thx!
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:04 AM
mdv

I recommend Beehive Manor--just about 30 minutes from the airport. Very lovely B&B, great hosts, terrific pub within walking distance. Karen Brown has an accurate description on her website.
Old May 7th, 2003, 07:04 AM
mdv

PS --It's in Maidenhead.
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:50 AM
ron

The off-site airport hotels at Heathrow are just north of the airport, in either West Drayton or Hayes. So to say, <stay in Hayes> means staying at an airport hotel. I think most are in West Drayton, but I believe the Ibis and Sheraton are in Hayes. Based on my experience, they are just like airport hotels everywhere. If you want something more interesting, you may want to look in Windsor.
Old May 8th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Original Poster

Hi Ron - Thx for that. Am looking at a couple of B&B's and small hotels in Hayes as we too find the Sheratons, et all, the same and also quite pricey (especially in the UK). Hilda
Old May 10th, 2003, 02:22 PM

Got from Richmond to Heathrow last week leaving at 615pm and arrived 635pm (I was surprised given rush hour, normal sort of time outside rush hour). I would rate Richmond rather higher(much higher) than Hayes for a nice last night. Check out Richmond Gate, Richmond Hill or Petersham Hotel. All 4-5 star, so not cheap but for equivalent in centre, much better value. Also cheaper hotels (3 star) at Hampton Court area, cannot remember names, one is on river, and one overlooking at Bushy Park opposite Hampton Court maze. Both lRichmond and H Court are wonderful areas for having a walk before getting a cab or driving to Heathrow.
Old May 12th, 2003, 11:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Travelnick, I'll check out Richmond as a 20 minute drive would be excellent! Hilda