London Heathrow Hotel

Search

London Heathrow Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
London Heathrow Hotel

Hey Fodorites! I need your advice. I will be making an overnight connection at Heathrow in April 2009. I will land at 9 in the evening and depart at 11 the next morning. I will only have one small backpack (I travel light). I am looking for the following:
1. Hotel that offers a free shuttle to and from the airport.
2. Hotel that is reasonably price (hopefully under $130).
3. Hotel that is clean and quiet.
4. Hotel that has a breakfast or perhaps a restaurant within walking distance.
I don't need fancy lobbies, help with my bags, or a lot of guest services. I'm looking for basic clean accomodations. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance and happy travels!
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:38 AM
yk

See this thread (just started yesterday) asking the same question. Lots of suggestions and info:
http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...p;tid=35148870

<i>1. Hotel that offers a free shuttle to and from the airport.</i>

NONE. All airport hotels in Heathrow are serviced by the Hoppa Bus, which charges &pound;4 per person one-way. The only other option is airport hotels that are along the local bus line. The buses are free for the immediate Heathrow area. See the follwing link that lists the hotels along the bus route:
http://www.londontoolkit.com/lhr/hotel_hoppa_bus.htm

<i>2. Hotel that is reasonably price (hopefully under $130).</i>
Priceline and Hotwire are your best options. Stick with 4* hotels.

<i>4. Hotel that has a breakfast or perhaps a restaurant within walking distance.</i>

Pretty much all airport hotels have a restaurant and/or room service that offers breakfast, but quite expensive I'd say. Why not just wait until you get to Heathrow and eat there?
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 07:39 AM
yk

I forgot to mention, there is one hotel in Heathrow that is connected to the terminal, and that's the Hilton at T4.

Another possibility is Travelodge.co.uk. I believe they have a new one near T5.

Haven't stayed at either, so I can't comment on them.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 08:17 AM

try the yotel at heathrow airport

www.yotel.com
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 08:30 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
what yk said . . . . . .

I would <u>definitely</u> advise against the yotel in your case. (the yotel is also on the airport like the hilton yk mentioned)

The yotel is very expensive for an overnight stay since it charges by the hour. For a 5 or 6 hour rest between planes - fine. But for overnight it will cost more than your budget for what is essentially a cubicle w/ a murphy bed.

PL is the way to go. If PL worries you - then the Premier Travel Inn may fit in your budget depending on the night of the week. Their rates vary - generally higher on weeknights, lower on weekends.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:02 AM

ETAP Hounslow are charging &pound;32 a night at the moment but you will need to get local bus to this hotel or take the tube and get off at Hounslow Central and walk

The Rosemount is also an inexpensive option, near to the ETAP. Both offer breakfast as additional cost.
Old Aug 8th, 2008, 09:39 AM
dmlove

I agree with janisj - you have a full night, so get a real hotel. My son stayed at the yotel at Heathrow, and thought it was great, but it is meant for people who have a lot of time (but not a full day or night) between connections.

Old Aug 8th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I knew I could count on the Fodorites. I'm checking into your tips now.

Also, please forgive but I posted this request again because for some reason the website did not have my previous request/post. So I posted it again and then my old one popped up. Sorry for the duplication.