Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

hotel francais in luxembourg city anyone stayed there?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember this hotel on the place de armes because I ate at the restaurant downstairs. anyone stayed there? would you pick this over the hotel carlton? Also being that it is right on the place how accesible would our car be?
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

topping
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 11:40 AM

I haven't stayed there, but when we were in Luxembourg City, we saw the hotel and said that is where we would stay when we return. The location is GREAT! I believe they have off-site parking.

Do a Google search. You might get their web site.

Loved Lux City. Please post a trip report when you return. We don't see many posts regarding Luxembourg (which in a way is a very good thing).

Curioius
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 01:05 PM

My mom lives in Luxembourg, and we love to visit. My five yr-old particularly likes it.

My mom always recomend the Hotel Parc Bel-air. It is easy to the middle of the city, good parking, great resturant across the street (we like it, any way), and a beautiful park right behind it. Place de Armes can be kind of loud (actually, really loud), so I am not sure I would stay there.

Luxembourg has some of the best dinning in Europe. The city is oh so clean, and the people are nice. Go to Oberweis for the chocolat, hit the market on Saturday, eat pizza at Baccus and chinese at the resturant near Chi-Chi's, and enjoy the ice cream. Have fun.
Old Sep 13th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Original Poster

curious,

On my previous trip to Luxembourg I stayed at hotel auberge le chatelet which wasn't bad but I wanted something closer to the action this time. I had dinner at the restaurant at hotel francais and said that next time we should just stay there because of the location. that is why I want to see if anyone has stayed there.

Dan M. Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely take the dinner recommendations.
Old Sep 14th, 2004, 10:18 AM

lexluther,

When we are in the cities, we like to be close to the action was well. We like to rotate our trip with Cities and small villages. You know the small villages will be quiet, but in the cities, I like the action.

Curious