Reload this Page >

Hotels in Cinque Terre?

Search

Hotels in Cinque Terre?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 07:15 AM
alison

Hotels in Cinque Terre?

Any recommendations for where to stay in Cinque Terre for around or under $200? Is two nights sufficient?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:53 AM
Catherine

We stayed at the Hotel La Spiaggia in Monterosso. We were able to walk to the hotel with all our luggage from the train station, and the hotel is right by the beach. It is a small, family run hotel and if I remember correctly there was no AC. The food was great. There was also a fancier hotel in Monterosso, though I can't remember the name. We went there for dinner one night and it was beautiful. Here is a site with some useful info: http://members.shaw.ca/guideforeurope/5terre.html

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 10:59 AM
italiano

Villa Argentina in Riomaggiore is 110Euro/per night for a couple and includes an ample breakfast each morning. There are many rooms with a sea view so be sure to request one. From the bottom of town, you can call and ask for the little shuttle bus to bring you up the hill to the hotel. Here is the hotel web site for further details:<BR>http://www.emmeti.it/Welcome/Liguria/Cinqueterre/Riomaggiore/Alberghi/Argentina/index.it.html<BR><BR>From the States the telephone/fax is:<BR>011-39-0187-920-213<BR><BR>Also, two nights in CT is sufficient as the CT area is small. I would recommend get the CT train ticket which allows you to travel back and forth among the 5 towns w/o paying each time. I believe the cost for a 2 day pass is 8Euro. Corniglia is high up on the cliff, so be prepared to walk up stairs and more stairs! That is the least-negotiatable village in terms of access. Manarola has the lowest prices in terms of souvenirs, with Riomaggiore following. Avoid buying souvenirs in Vernazza as the prices are much higher there due to Rick Steves (un)fortunate publicizing of the town and area. Buon viaggio!

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 10:28 AM
fb

The &quot;fancier hotel in Monterosso&quot; mentioned above is:<BR>Hotel Porto Roca (ask for a room with a terrace)<BR>Via Corone, 1<BR>Monterosso al Mare 19016 (SP)<BR>Tel: 39 0187 81.75.02<BR>fax: 39 0187 81.76.92<BR>http://www.portoroca.it/<BR>Email: [email protected]<BR>414,000 ITL/n (don't know how that converts to Euros or dollars now)<BR>We stayed there in May, 2001. Here is what I wrote in my journal then:<BR>&quot;A huge hike up a steep hill. Once there, we discovered that they would have sent their car for us.<BR>Hotel is charming. Beautiful lobby, restaurant, and veranda. Room is small, but nice. The terrace is larger than the room and has the most magnificent view of the sea. They served the best breakfast we've had so far. After looking at other hotels in town, all a lot cheaper, I was glad that I had made the decision to splurge and stay here.&quot; <BR>If you plan on doing the hike to all of the 5 towns (and if you are physically up for it, don't miss it - it is fantastic), this takes a whole day. Otherwise, though there is not much &quot;to do&quot; there, though we found three nights nice to just have a day to relax and look at the sea in the middle of our otherwise busy vacation.

Old Jan 26th, 2003, 12:38 PM
MK

Hotel Villa Steno-www.pasini.com

Old Apr 4th, 2003, 05:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We stayed at the Porto Roco Hotel in Monterossa a Mare a few years ago. Our room had a little balcony overlooking the sea which was really lovely. Dinner one night was seafood, buffet style, and we rank it as memorable. We walked the path between the five towns the next day, and despite sore knees, etc., from the steep inclines and rough patches, we really enjoyed it. Definity, Cinque Terre was one of the high points of our trip to Italy.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 05:30 PM

YOu can rent a nice room for way under $100/night. Do a search for Edi's rooms.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 05:06 PM

Another &quot;thumbs up&quot; for the Porto Roca. I would stay there again and recommend the terrace rooms. Small room, great terrace. We enjoyed it very much.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:09 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Villa Steno in CT?