Reload this Page >

Thistle, london hotels..rate?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2003, 11:55 PM
sandyc

hi everyone,<BR><BR>I am trying to find a great rate on a std or executive twin at one of the following:<BR><BR>thistle kensington palace or garden<BR>thistle charing cross<BR>kensington moat house<BR><BR>other than their website, does anyone here know how to get those 100 pd/ night rates lower. i do not wish to try priceline. (bad bad experience).<BR> <BR>we really want to stay at one of these hotels but do not want to spend more than 80 pounds per night per room. we would like a 4 star hotel with full bath and 2 twin beds. room must be roomy (we are big girls).<BR><BR>any suggestions?<BR><BR>thanks

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 12:05 AM
xxx

Gee we want a 4star experience but don't want to pay for it. IF you are big girls quiet eating for a few days and spend your food money for the hotel you want to stay at...IF 20 pounds is going to break the bank, can you really afford a London vacation????

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 02:27 AM
marie

Try lastminute.com. They are advertising rates at the Thistle chain from 60 GBP. <BR><BR>Everyone wants the best possible deal but you might have to expand your hotel horizons if you're determined to stay under 80.<BR><BR>Good luck!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Erin

Hi Sandyc-<BR>Good choices for hotels- any one of those is a good bet. I am staying at another Thistle (Victoria) at the end of February. On my last trip to London we stayed at the Kensington Moat House. Its a wonderful hotel!!! We got a deal on the Moat House when we were actually in London through a hotel broker (I think it might have been Thomas Moore?) Our first hotel was a disaster. That may be your best bet. Good luck!

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:48 AM
JC

Check www.Londontown.com,I just found some Thistle's single with breakfast at 31 pounds for this March.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:35 AM
Eugene

Why don't you try priceline? That way you won't be guaranteed a Thistle but can get a 4* for well-below-the-market rate.<BR>P.S. I bid US$70 for 4* in Bloomsbury on 1/17-1/19 and got Thistle Marble Arch.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 07:42 AM
bettyk

It would help if people would post WHEN they are going to be in London as hotel rates vary greatly depending on the season and sometimes by weekday or weekend.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:21 PM
sandyc

hi everyone,<BR><BR>Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will try them out. Erin, I really would love to find the moat house at that rate. it seems to be in a great location and from the online pics a really good hotel.<BR><BR>Betty, you are right...I meant to put my dates. We are looking to go in april or may 2003. sorry for the slip.<BR><BR>xxx...well you know what to do, i don't need to say it. <BR><BR>thanks all,<BR><BR>sandyc

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:33 PM
xxx

Sandyc, <BR>Sorry that there is another '[email protected]&quot; who posted such a useless and tasteless reply to your message.<BR>I post here on the Europe forum and unfortunately I, too, use that same xxx.xxx.com alias.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 05:39 PM
gg

I have reservations at the Thistle Royal Horseguards in March for 87GBP a night incuding VAT and breakfast. I called the 800 number and asked for their best rate. When I was given a rate I asked if there was a better rate and there was.I had read several comments from people who had gotten great rates through Price Line so I thought they would offer decent rates when asked.

Old Jan 6th, 2003, 06:43 PM
michele

Gee, there are some snooty people on this site, no? Love how they NEVER post their real email addresses.<BR><BR>I've seen great rates for November on Orbitz for the Thistle hotels- as low as 49 pounds for the first few days of the week then 88 pounds for the week I was looking at. Even Royal Horseguards was only 88 pounds a night, and that's supposed to be the nicest hotel in the Thistles chain.<BR><BR>Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Old Mar 5th, 2003, 11:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just bid $75 for a four star hotel in mayfair/soho on Priceline and got thistle Charing Cross for 3/15-22. I'm so excited after having read the great reviews further down the posts
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 07:46 AM

We got Thistle Marble Arch for 100 lbs. per night for a triple room. Has anyone stayed there recently? We're going next week. I'd love to have some feedback!
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 09:23 AM

I just returned from seven nights at the Thistle Royal Horseguards and paid the equivalent of &pound;52 a night through a Priceline bid.There was absolutely no problems with my bid,and the hotel even upgraded me to a deluxe rome upon arrival.I could not have been happier with the whole experience.
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 01:36 PM

I got a Thirstle Hotel, double in May for $70 a night using priceline. The one in Bloomsbury....
Old Mar 6th, 2003, 05:24 PM

I guess noone noticed they said they had a bad experience with Priceline and won't use it again? <BR><BR>Londontown has some great deals, so does www.bhrconline.com (british hotels reserveation centre). I am also a big girl, so have been searching for big rooms/beds for a while! <BR><BR>Remember that a british King sized bed is the equivalent of our Queen, and their Queen is like our double... their SuperKing is like our King, but those are pretty rare. Good luck!<BR><BR>
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 06:31 PM

I recently got the Thistle Kensington Palace in July for $45 a night using priceline...