Cinque Terre hotel for one person

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cinque Terre hotel for one person

I'm traveling through Italy by myself for a few days before hooking up wih friends. Need a fun, not too expensive place to stay in CT for 2 nights, maybe 3 that woule be okay for a single woman of 30. Thanks!
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 05:32 PM

Look at www.pasini.com for 2 good options in Monterosso. Also check out the Villa Margherita in Levanto. Either of these towns are more civilized.
Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 07:04 PM

Traveling by myself in October I spent 3 nights at the Hotel Villa Steno (one of the Pasini hotels in Monterosso). It's located a short distance up the hill from the sea but easy to walk anywhere in town. 80 euros per night, CNN TV, uninspiring breakfast included. Family owned and operated, friendly people, speak English, some rooms have nice balcony with seaview. Plenty safe but you do have to walk up a long dark driveway or take the shortcut up long tier of steps through lemon grove to your room. Family also owns the Hotel Pasquale which is located at the beach and costs a little more. As mentioned in earlier post you can get information on both at their website: www.pasini.com

Have a great trip.
Larry J

Old Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:52 PM

I stayed at Trattoria Gianni just under the castle in Vernazza (Fax 0187-812-228). Small room with bath across the hall, up lots of steps so it's good if you don't have much luggage. Very clean with a beautiful view & a deal (34 Euro/night). Restaurants & cafes very near by (Gambero Rosso was excellent). I'd stay there again.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:47 AM

I have stayed at the Gianni Franzi Hotel in Vernazza also and I can tell you that reservations are not taken too seriously there. On one occasion I arrived after having made a reservation only to find no room available. It was on a Friday afternoon in October which is always very busy on weekends in the C.T. For a weekend stay it is best to get there Thursday or early Friday. It is a great place to stay, great views from some rooms and all rooms are super clean as are the shared bathrooms down the hall.

Larry J
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:54 AM

In looking for an moderate two-star for my own trip I happened upon the Dora Hotel in Levanto--www.dorahotel.com--right by the water. Waiting to hear back from them on rates but I think its around 100 euros including dinner...
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 07:58 AM

I understand that Hotel Villa Steno has three single rooms, each with a view. It's one of Rick Steves' recommendations.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 08:51 AM

We stayed at the Serafina in Levanto, a small pensione in a quiet residential area, but a 5 minute walk to the train station and 15 minutes to the beach and hiking trails. Very inexpensive, simple, newly refurbished rooms with a private garden & patio for the guests.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 01:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We stayed in Manarola at Casa Capellini and got talking to 2 girls in their 20's staying at the hostel in Manarola. It was reasonably priced and looked nice from the outside, would be a good way to meet people. You should find details on
http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/avong/cinque_terre/
Kay