Hotel Leveque or Muguet?

Jun 16th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Diane

Hotel Leveque or Muguet?

I was frightended by all the postings of getting a good hotel in Paris only a month ahead. Thus I sent off reservation requests for several at one time. I now find we have reservations for the dates we want at both the Hotel Leveque and Hotel Muguet. Both have great recommendations here. Can anyone help us decide which one is best for us? We are in our late 40's, want ambience and relative quiet, near a metro stop. Air conditioning is important to my husband if it is warm- but understand the Leveque has added a/c. We have been to Paris before- want to spend time walking around neighborhoods, Orsay Museum and visiting our son who is doing a study abroad just outside Paris. The Rue Cler sounds charming!

Jun 16th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Anna

I have not stayed at the Muguet but I did review some postings here. It sounds nice and rue Cler is a great location. But just be sure to get the exact type of room you want. You are correct in thinking that you most probably won't get the choice hotel if you wait only one month before your trip.

Jun 16th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Betsy

Have stayed at both and prefer the Muguet if you are able to get a view of the Eiffel Tower (a front room). However, if the Leveque has added AC, the hotel is a terrific bargain. Would return to either.

Bon Voyage

Jun 16th, 2002, 12:57 PM
ttt

ttt

Jun 16th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Mare

We have stayed at both and enjoyed both. Our room at the Leveque was a bit larger with more storage space. It over-looked the Rue Cler, which was fun but extremely noisy in the (very) early morning hours while they set up the street market.

The decor at the Muguet was simple but more upscale, and the location was very quiet. We had a front room. The hotel was only a short walk from the Rue Cler and the metro. The Muguet seemed to cater to a slightly older crowd than the Leveque, although there was a mix of ages at both.

Can't help on the a.c. because we didn't need it either time.

Jun 17th, 2002, 09:32 AM
luis vernon

Diane:

I stayed at the Hotel Leveque last month while in Paris. Located on rue Cler, a pedestrian street only, save for a few delivery trucks, it is a delightful part of Paris to stay in. My room did not have a/c, but I found it a charming place nonetheless: only a 10 min.walk to the Eiffel Tower, and near the Invalides, etc