Hotel in Stockholm

Search

Hotel in Stockholm

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel in Stockholm

My husband and I will be spending 4 nights in Stockholm. Budget is not a concern- we are looking for a splurge and want to stay at the most comfortable and luxurious hotel. The Grande has some not so great TripAdvisor reviews but seems fancier that hotel Rival. Has anyone stayed at either or both and do you have a recommendation or advice to share? Thanks so much!
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 02:04 PM

While I can't speak to either of those hotels, I can advise that you pay attention to your location. We stayed on Gamla Stan and loved that location. It was convenient to many things either via subway or via ferry. While it can feel "touristy" during the day, when the crowds leave at night, it is great to walk around.

Sorry I don't have any more brilliant advise, but Stockholm is a wonderful city!
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 02:54 PM

Do not miss the Vasa museum!!!
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 05:43 PM

Yes, we stayed at the Grand - but it was August (low season) and got very good rates. As it's an older hotel the rooms vary significantly - so you need to shop carefully to get the type you want in terms of size and views. The location is fantastic - and the hotel definitely worth the money.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 07:40 PM

We stayed in the Sheraton Stockholm and it is a 5 star hotel walking distance from Gamla Stan. The location was great, the hotel is somewhat boring, but very well run in terms of customer service. We booked it through Hotwire and got a decent rate in August.
Old Jun 12th, 2011, 08:13 PM

I checked out Hotel Rival and it looks great, based on reviews and location. The other nice hotel there seemed to be Hilton Sodermalm.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 02:19 PM

The Grand Hotel is considered being the most luxurious hotel in Stockholm and the place where visiting celebrities and statesmen usually stay. The location is nice and very central.

Another hotel you might want to check out is the Nobis Hotel. It is a quite new hotel, but in an old building, and also in a very central location. Link: http://www.nobishotel.se/default-en.html

The Rival is also in a very good and interesting location with the old town within walking distance. The area is considered being the "bohemian" part of Stockholm while the Grand and Nobis are in a more posh and upmarket part of the city.

The Rival is more a boutique hotel while the Grand is a traditional, five star luxury hotel.
Old Jun 16th, 2011, 02:33 PM

The Grand has wonderful breakfasts! We had a great room there and enjoyed looking out over the water.