Which of these Stockholm hotels?

Old Jun 4th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which of these Stockholm hotels?

For a post cruise stay, looking at a choice between these 3 hotels.Hotel first Reisen,Sheraton Hotel and Towers, and Radiss on Strand. Which do you recommend for good location, attractive views, comfort?
Thanks

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 01:38 AM

Waverley,

I'd suggest Hotel Reisen: It is located in the old town (gamla stan), has comfortable rooms with good views if located to the front of the hotel. It is within walking distance to many attractions.

The Strand Radisson is a very good hotel too, centrally located, but not as charming (IMO) as the Hotel Reisen.

The Sheraton is in a non-decript neighbourhood near the central railway station, is a typical modern business hotel and quite far from most attractions.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy your trip

Phil
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:20 AM
Original Poster

Phil, this helps a lot. I had originally made my booking at the Sheraton, but I got the feeling that the neighborhood was more for business and so made a reservation at the First Reisen. I am holding the 2 bookings and was waiting to see if the First Reisen can accommodate a triple request. You have confirmed what my feelings were but as I had never been to Stockholm, I wanted some first hand experience. This is exactly how Fodors helps. Personal recommendations tell so much more than travel guides and websites.

Thanks
Old Jun 5th, 2003, 05:23 AM
Peep

Hey! We just got back from a few days in Stockholm. Send me a note if you want to yap about it. [email protected]

Old Jun 5th, 2003, 08:31 AM
pep

What about Hotel Anno 1647? I have a reservation there in August. Thanks for any info.