Clean paris hotel

Search

Clean paris hotel

Search this Thread

Old May 7th, 2003, 08:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clean paris hotel

Okay, i know there have been a million posts on the paris hotel subject, and I've been searching for an hour now and am still clueless. I'm going with a group of college students to Europe this summer for a month. I will be spending 4 days in Paris with 5 of the students. Let me just add on that we are nursing students and having a clean room is a must We are possibly looking into a family suite style room that can hold all 5 or due triple and double rooms. We would prefer to stay in the 50-70 range and just want a clean, standard room with a shower.
Old May 7th, 2003, 08:50 AM

that's 50-70 euro per person, or all together?
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:03 AM

If it's 50-70 per person, we stayed in a family suite (a 2 room suite, 4 of us) at the Grand Hotel St. Michel. I don't know if they could squeeze in another bed it was fairly crowded already but maybe they have a bigger suite where they can. It's in the Latin Qtr, near Sorbonne. The room faced an inside courtyard, nothing scenic but very quiet. The hotel was clean and had a nice breakfast room and pleasant seating area in the lobby.
Old May 7th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

Okay, let me clarify myself. Scratch my original statement of 50-70. We are staying 3 nights and I would prefer to stay under 150euro/person for all 3 nights. So if we got a double room, that would be a max of 100/night/room (split between 2, 50/night/person). Does this make sense? Also, if we decide to not do the double/triple rooms we have found some that will hold 4-5 people. Does anyone know anything about the Hotel Arley Tour Eiffel? They have a room holding all of us for 249USD/room/night.
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:19 AM

smalls, are you inferring that a clean room is only a must for nursing students?

Be sure to consider the logistics of 6 people using la toilette or as the English would say "a bottleneck at the loo".
Old May 7th, 2003, 11:51 AM

I have not heard of that hotel, but looked it up. It looks like a basic 2* hotel, should be okay but nothing special. It's near the Dupleix metro stop in the 15th arr, I would prefer a different neighborhood for that price, but it would be okay. I would really question what size that room is though and the sleeping arrangements. It may involve a sofabed.

I think it is a mistake to look for one room for 4-5 people. You can easily get a double and triple for that price in a 2* hotel. I myself have never stayed in a dirty hotel in France, although I'm sure there are some, but it's not that common that you need to worry IMO. And I've stayed in several hotels at that price range or lower.

If by summer you mean mid-July or later, I think you are in luck as you should get 10-25 pct off some hotel rates at that time, which will help. YOu can find discounted summer hotel rates on:

www.123france.com and www.parishotels.com and www.pariserve.tm.fr

For example, I have booked one night in the Libertel Maxim in July which is in a great location near rue Mouffetard and the Monge marketplace. It's a 2* hotel and Libertel is a well-respected French hotel chain of generally smaller hotels with some character -- it's only 80 euro a night for a double. They have others, see www.libertel-hotels.com

www.123france.com has your mentioned hotel, but also some examples are the Cujas Pantheon near the Sorbonne for only about 90 euro dble, 120 euro triple and that is high season, your period might be their low season. That's a great location for you. They also have College de France at about those rates for low season, another great choice.

The Hotel des Ecoles on there is only 100 euro dbl, 120 triple from 7/15 on, and that's in St-Germain, another great area (that hotel isn't mentioned too much but there have been a couple comments on here about it that it was nice enough).

I think you can do better than the Tour Eiffel Arley, in short.
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:10 PM

Smalls- You might try looking into a family room at hotel Valdon(spl?) to find out more log onto www.latour-maubourg.fr- I think its in your price range.The web site will tell you more.
I can say that Marie & Victor are about the best hosts you could ask for in Paris-the service at Latour-maubourg is exceptional.I think they run the Valdon with the same high standards.
There have been several positive posts here, if I can find them I will top them for you.
Viva la France
Fluffy
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:12 PM

here's another budget choice

Fodor's forum Dec 01: "We stayed at Hotel du Dragon on Rue Dragon in the 6th, near St. Germain metro. The hotel has no lift, but the room and bathroom are huge, the location was perfect, with a great patisserie across the street, two metro stops nearby, and plenty of cafes/restaurants in the area. There is also a Monoprix store between the St. Germain metro stop and the hotel--a great place to buy fresh fruit and other snacks on our way home at night."
Old May 7th, 2003, 12:35 PM

Smalls-the web adress for the hotel Valdon is: www.hotelvaladon.com- prices are well within your range.
Fluffy
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:00 PM

Hi . .. look into this 3-star hotel. It is in a fairly central location, and has a number of room/bed combinations. Looks very nice in the pictures ("w/grain of salt&quot.
For instance, it offers a 3-bed room (3 single beds) in July for $132 night. Book 2 of those for 3 nights.
That covers 6 people for 3 nights at $132 per-person rate (and it may include cont.breakfast).

HOTEL ARES, 15th
7 rue du General Larminat 75015 (located between Ave de Suffren and Blvd de Grenelle)
http://www.parishotelfinder.com/cgi-...ect.cgi?l=6788

also found at:
http://www.paris.the-hotels.com/ares.htm
http://www.paris.hotels-nb.com/forvi...ARES-HOTEL.asp

There is a Monoprix (dept store w/ groceries) on Blvd de Grenelle, and you can walk to the foot of the esplanade for the Eiffel Tower (Ecole Militaire) in about 5 minutes (maybe 15 to the Tower). I looked it up on Pages Jaunes and it looks like a quiet side street, but there are cafes and bakeries, atms, etc all along Blvd de Grenelle and Ave de Suffren. You could use the Metro la Motte Picquet Grenelle, which connects to 2 lines.

I haven't stayed in this hotel but I have stayed nearby. It may not be the central location most desired, but there is nothing wrong with it, and the Metro will carry you anywhere.

Good luck with your endeavor!

Old May 7th, 2003, 01:18 PM

Have you considered renting an apartment from vrbo.com? Normally they ask for one full week minimum but with tourism down, there's more flexibility.
Old May 7th, 2003, 01:43 PM

Smalls-Cymer has a good point an apt. would probably be more economical & give you more room then a hotel.
I used this service .www.parsianflat.com- there are 2 apts. the bigger of the 2 is in the 7th near Blvd. Saint Germain.
Viva la France
Fluffy
Old May 7th, 2003, 04:21 PM

In May, 1999, my wife and I stayed 10 nights at the Hotel Parc St. Severin, in the 5th Arr., near the Cluny Museum and the St. Michel Metro stop. We payed around 110US$ per night for a double with the cleanest bathroom you can imagine. The staff was helpful, the location was great, and we would stay there again.
Old May 7th, 2003, 06:45 PM

Hello, I recommend Hotel des Mines in the Latin Quarter on Blvd. St. Michel near the Luxemb. Garden. The triple is good sized and has a large bathroom (for Paris). It was very clean. The staff were the most helpful all my Europe stays. And for summer it has air conditioning. A triple is 113 euros and double from 88 to 98. Look at it on www.123france.com, click to alphabetical list for Paris. Also at www.hotel-desmines-paris.com I think the Latin Qtr for college students is a great match.
Old May 7th, 2003, 06:49 PM

LaLouisianne in St.Germaine was $79/nite for a double room last year - clean, simple hotel and in a great, central location within walking distance to Louve, Musee D'Orsay, Notre Dame.