Reload this Page >

Weddingmoon Sandals vs. Couples

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15th, 2002, 11:04 PM
The Bride

We are planning a weddingmoon in May to Sandals Negril or Couples Negril. Which one would be nicer? I know May is the rainy season, what are our chances of having a rain-free wedding?

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 05:53 AM
Dave

I am a Sandals fan but I hear that SN needs more renovations. I hear that Couples Negril has a better beach and is nicer than SN.<BR>

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Tiffany

I would go with Couples Negril. The beach and resort are both better.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 07:02 AM
Dorothy

I'm not sure anyone at Fodor's is smart enough to be able to tell you the weather for specific dates in May 2003.<BR>Perhaps check with the Great and Powerful Oz.

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 07:31 AM
Rachael

Hi Bride,<BR>When I was researching our trip I did a number of text searches and found them very useful. Just type in Couples, Sandals, etc. and I think you will get the information you are looking for to help you decide which resort is best for you. I for one, have heard many good things about Couples and the Grand Lidos.<BR>Congrats in advance!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 11:42 AM
Tabatha

May is a bit rainy but the caribbean's rainy season is nothing like ours! (midwest) I was married in May in nassau, 85-87 everyday, rained one day (our last day!) all day. Stick to the beginning of the month, I looked at average rainfall this past year before our trip, and there were many more full days of rain between mid-may to early June. Relax, it will be beautiful!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 02:45 PM
Paul

We have been to both Couples and Sandals and highly recommend Couples. Sandals is too inconsistent in their service. You just don't know what you're going to get after you pay your money.<BR><BR>Good luck and congrats!

Old Dec 16th, 2002, 09:47 PM
The Bride

Thanks everyone for your help. We have decided to stay at Couples Negril, and we got a better rate than Sandals. We have also decided to book an oceanview at the first part of May, maybe we will miss the worse part of the rainy season. I'll just pray for good weather. Thanks again!

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Tabatha

Congratulations! If you get a full day of rain in the first part of may that will probably be the extent of it. Our first rainy day (we stayed 2 weeks) was May 15th! Enjoy!