Reload this Page >

Sandals Negril vs Couples Negril

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:09 PM
Mark

My wife and I are planning a trip to Jamaica in March. We were wondering which hotel is better, Sandals Negril or Couples Negril? We were also wondering on the weather in March? Thanks.<BR>Mark

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:14 PM
Dave

Hey Mark,<BR>I'm what you call a &quot;Sandals person&quot;. Really enjoy their resorts. However, I have heard more excellent reviews of Couples Negril than Sandals Negril. I believe it is more expensive though and they may have an even nicer beach.

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 05:50 AM
Eric

No comparison - Couples is far better. Not only is it a nicer resort, but the location is much, much better. Nothing beats Bloody Bay - less vendors and hassles than right on the main beach (i.e. Sandals)...

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:18 AM
Jenny

my vote is also for Couples Negril, has everything you want and need. Boldy decorated hotel rooms, they are great! The staff is even better! If you go, make sure to sign up for the Sunset Catamaran Cruise, it is awesome, takes you all along the seven mile beach, and the cliffs of Negril. The beach that Couples is located on (called Bloody Bay), is a fantastic beach!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 06:19 AM
Jennifer

Mark,<BR><BR>I'm a travel consultant, so I've had the opportunity to stay at both resorts. Lots of people will have lots of opinions as to which is better. I liked both resorts, for different reasons. And one resort may be better for a certain person than another.<BR><BR>They both had beautiful beaches, as well as the overall resorts being very lush and tropical. Sandals had more restaurants, but both resorts had very good food. Both resorts had excellent service and both have very spacious rooms. Sandals has two pools. Both are on the small side. Couples has a very very large pool right at the beach. Couples and Sandals both have tons of activities going on. However, Sandals is a bit more of a party place than Couples. Couples is a bit more laid back while still offering all of the watersports and activities. <BR><BR>Weather in March in Negril is glorious!

Old Jan 8th, 2003, 04:15 PM
Penney

Can not comment on Couples as we have not been (but have read many positives). Sandals Negril is beautiful - everything is spreas out along the beach, excellent food and service, lush and tropical and very romantic and relaxing.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 11:18 AM
Gab

Hey Mark,<BR><BR>My husband and I are making that same decision. We went to Sandals Negril 3 years ago and fell in love with the resort (and each other!) It was incredibly romantic. From all I have read I think they are very similar, with Couples perhaps having the better beach. We are also thinking of goind in March. We went last time in March and the weather was PERFECT! I would more than happy to answer any questions re: Sandals (please feel free to e-mail me) and would love to hear which resort you have picked.<BR><BR>Gab

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 12:01 PM
patrick

I would say that probably both would be great. I just came back from Couples Negril and I was very happy with it. Couples is cheaper as well and probably has the better beach.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 03:58 PM
Kim

I have been to both and I liked Sandals better. The room was nicer, cleaner and newer looking. I liked having more food options, plus the room service. Couples will only do breakfast in the room nothing else. I also thought Sandals beach was better. Every morning they would rake the beach so it looked prefect with not one footprint in it. Staff was also more friendly especially the bartenders.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 04:33 PM
gag

gag me.

Old Jan 13th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Nick

Would be more than happy to. Jerk.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 11:53 AM
1WayOut

Hey I've got a question I don't see asked very often.<BR><BR>How are the beds at these high-end AI resorts such as Couples Negril, the Sandals and LeSport.<BR><BR>The last AI I went to was the Moon Palace in Cancun. Bed was hard as a rock.

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 12:45 PM
XXX

beds at couples, are soo comfy, and king size, with tons of pillows!

Old Jan 15th, 2003, 01:30 PM
patrick

the beds are ok at couples..i wouldnt' call them great. it's a king size matress on some futon type thing. no box spring.<BR><BR>it's better than the rui next door i hear..they just put two doubles together!

Old Jan 16th, 2003, 05:11 AM
tee

How far is the Negril Hulls golf course from<BR>a.) Couples Negril<BR>b.) Sandals Negril<BR>c.) Grand Lido Negril<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for the info.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 01:14 PM
Brigitte

I can only speak about Couples Negril. My husband and I were married there in 1998. It is a wonderful resort. We were married right on the beach. The room was very clean. The food was superb. The nightlife was on the fair side. But we had a great time with all the games such as the newlywed game, pool volleyball, etc. If you're looking for R&amp;R and a nice beach, this is the place.