Reload this Page >

Couples Resort or Sandals Antigua?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 02:17 PM
vacationer

I am having a hard time deciding between these resorts. We just returned from our weddingmoon at Sandals Antigua and fell in love with the place, although I am not interested in any of the other Sandals resorts. I would return to the one in Antigua in a heartbeat though (only one that seems worth going to!).<BR><BR>Should I return to Antigua (we have a voucher for a free night and a few other perks for a good rate) or should I try a Couples resort in Jamaica??

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 03:46 PM
Justa

I have read several trip reports recently the Sandals Antigua seems to have a problem with the staff. Although the management is good, the staff seems to &quot;not really care&quot; for the guests and are not hospitable. They had staff from Jamaica there but no more. I know of 2 travel agents that will not recommend this resort until things are straightened out.<BR><BR>Don't know why you ruled out all 6 Sandals in Jamaica but the 2 Couples resorts in/near Negril seem to usually have good reviews.<BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:12 AM
vacationer

I just returned from Sandals Antigua so I know first hand about the staff. They are not overly friendly but we didn't have any problems. I'm not there to make friends, I'm there to relax...so as long as I get what I need without anyone being rude then I'm fine.<BR><BR>I would return to this resort in a heartbeat but am debating on whether to try something different. None of the Sandals in Jamaica interest me because I am looking for a great beach, and Negril is the way to go when it comes to beaches (from what I understand). Anyone I talk to about Sandals Negril has said that the Couples resort / beach is much better. Sandals Negril's beach is pretty much nonexistent.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 10:42 AM
Dave

Well, Sandals Montego Bay has the largest private beach in Jamaica. I've been there and it's nice. (Pretty wide too.) I'm sure the Couples in Negril are nice too. Beaches (part of Sandals) is in Negril and I have heard their beach is nice. One thing in favor of staying with Sandals is the Signature Guest program for return guests. I recently saved $375 by signing up online for it.<BR>http://www.signatureguest.com<BR><BR>Couples probably has return guest specials also.<BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 12:31 PM
x

If you loved Antigua and are getting a good rate, why not go back? Not sure why you are considering Couples or what your criteria are for a good vacation.