Notices

Help me pick a Sandals Resort in Jamaica!

Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help me pick a Sandals Resort in Jamaica!

I posted about a month ago, but I have since gotten more info on our possible upcoming vacation. We have the option on staying at any of the Sandals Resorts for $200/night (DH is an airline employee). We will fly into Montego Bay. I know Jamaica is not know for the best diving in the world, but I would say scuba diving is most important to us. A good beach would be second, followed closely by golf. We are a young couple who likes to have fun and socialize with others. While this will be our 1 yr anniversay trip, privacy/romance is not super high on our list. Neither is a spa.
I have to pick the top three resorts we would like to stay at:
1. Sandals Dunn's River Golf & Spa
2. ???
3. ???

Any ideas? If you were us, which would you choose? Thanks so much!!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:17 AM

Sandals Dunns River is the only Sandals in Jamaica that has a golf course.The beach is beautiful and the scuba diving is good at this resort. This resort will be great for what you are looking for. Sandals Negril & Whitehouse by far has the best beach but no golf. We have been to all the sandals properties a few time with the exception of Antiqua. Feel free to email with any ?'s. [email protected]
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

So should this be my order:
1. Dunn's River
2. Negril
3. Whitehouse

DH certainly does not have to golf, that would just be a plus Scuba diving and beautiful beaches are #1 priority...
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:01 AM
KVR

First I would decide what part of Jamaica you want to stay at: Montego Bay, Negril or Ocho Rios. Most people will direct you to Negril. Once you made a decision on the location, then go to the Sandals web-site and look into the resorts for the area that you have chosen.

Personally, I like Sandals and have stayed at the Royal Bahamain and the Grande St. Lucia and plan on staying at the one in Antigua when they have completed their renovations, but I hesitate staying at a Sandals in Jamaica. In fact, we picked Couples Negril over Sandals for our trip this Nov due to price and included amenties. You get more for your money at Couples. IOHO the Sandals in Jamaica just don't stack up well to the Sandals in other destinations.

However, if I had to make a choice, I would pick Sandals Whitehouse first and then Dunns River.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 06:29 PM

If golfing is not all that important then the Whitehouse or Negril would be a better choice.