The Perfect International Airline

Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

The Perfect International Airline

I can always have a dream, can’t I? Here is mine.

During the flight safety information, the video will say, always check the status of the fasten seatbelt sign before getting out of your seat. Announcements about the fasten seatbelt sign will be made only during the first 30 minutes and last 20 minutes of the flight. Flight attendants will limit all of their announcements to during the first hour and last 45 minutes of the flight to allow for maximum sleeping, unless the pilot ok’s the necessary message. When the fasten seatbelt sign comes on, the flight attendants will be required to sit down and buckle up.

There will not be any announcements about congregating in the isles or by the bathrooms. Individual situations will be monitored by the flight attendants. Flight attendants will encourage passengers to “pop into the galley,” if they need something during the flight.

The airline will offer the passengers in economy a free welcome drink, followed by a three-course meal with wine. A snack or light breakfast will occur one hour before landing.

Female flight attendants will have their hair tied back or on their head—-not flowing down their back. Female flight attendants will be required to wear a short heal with their shoes and a skirt. Men will be required to wear a tie.

And perhaps some seatbelts in the galley where those flight attendants spend all of their time would be a good idea, too.
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM

With the exception of the 3 course meal in economy-its pretty close to the airline that I work for!
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:08 AM

Singapore Airlines ? Malaysia Airlines ? Thai ?
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM

I'm knocked unconscious before I get on the plane and wake up at home / in my hotel
Old Jan 23rd, 2008, 04:42 PM

wally -

You've pretty much described every Singapore Airlines flight I've ever been on.
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Original Poster

Appreciate the comments. It reminded me a little of Qantas when I wrote it.

I wish the U.S. airlines would say at the beginning of the flight during the safety procedures, "always check the fasten seatbelt sign before getting out of your seat during the flight." Instead, they make interuptions during the flight every time the sign goes off and comes on.