COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

any info on singapore airlines?

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 10:44 AM
vincent

any info on singapore airlines?

i got a really cheap opportunity to fly air singapore to frankfurt from ny in june. about $500 cheaper than the next lowest airline. i've always flown british air and have always been very happy with them. is it worth the extra $, or is singapore an ok way to go?
thanks, vincent.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 11:16 AM
lisa

Singapore Airlines is consistently rated the #1 airline in the world and you should seize any opportunity to fly with them. Their service is reportedly unsurpassed -- champagne in coach, more room than other airlines, etc. If you do a search using the name of the airline you'll find recent threads on this (I'm sure there are some on the Asia forum).

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 02:13 PM
Joanna

I agree wholeheartedly with Lisa. Singapore Airlines is the best airline I've ever flown in Economy Class and the service is second to none.

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 05:18 PM
mast

Hi! vincent. I am a Singaporean and I can assure you that Singapore Airline is 100% worth flying. In fact it is the most expensive flight in my country. I plan to fly to Frankfurt as well and the airfare (by SQ) is around US1100! The cheapest that I could get---by thai airway is only US 520!
So, book your tickey quickly and enjoy your flight.
(actually I am jealous......)

mast

Old Feb 24th, 2000, 05:53 PM
CC

I'll finish beating this point to death:
Conde Nast's rating for Singapore: 79.5
Virgin 67.7
Cathay 66.1
United 26
Delta 23
American 22

Does that help give you some perspective? BTW, BA didn't make the top 10 foreign carriers, so no # listed

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 09:14 AM
vincent

thank you all very much for the advice. i'm going right now to jump on that ticket. peace, vincent

Old Feb 27th, 2000, 07:01 AM
Lynn

Dear Vincent,
I flew Singapore Air from Baltimore all the way to India and it was one of the best flights I have had. It was comfortable, food was good and the air hostesses are so courteous and they treat you with a lot of respect. By the way, they are all so beautiful! I'm a girl, yet couldn't keep my eyes off them! You will not regret flying with them. They aren't the #1 airline in the world for nothing. Have a great trip.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Mark

This thread is pretty old, but I thought I would give everyone a heads up about Singapore Air. Fly with them whenever you can

I booked 7 adults on Singapore Air last month instead of Lufthansa. We are flying JFK to Frankfurt. Lufthansa wanted $843 RT, Singapore Air on Travelocity.com wanted $559. Big difference.

We flew them 2 years ago and of all the international flights I've ever been on, approx. 35 flights, I had never written a letter of appreciation. I did 2 years ago. I will probably do it again this time.

More leg room than most, great in flight entertainment, very accomodating and helpful flight crew, clean airplanes, ice cream is served in coach.

Conde Nast is right when they consistently rate Singapore Ait the best in the world. Conde Nast has them as Best airline in the world 15 out of the last 16 years. Pretty impressive.

Travel and Leisure lists them first the last 10 years as well.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 03:56 PM
nan

Singapore is the best airline we have ever flown. You are very lucky-go for it! Nan