Search

Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2006, 06:18 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singapore Airlines

Would appreciate any comments on business and/or first class travel with Singapore Airlines. They've had a reputation as one of the better airlines for travel to Asia and the south pacific and I am wondering if their quality of service is still considered top notch. Thanks.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 05:49 AM
santharamhari

Yes!!! Fantastic....

Hari

Old Oct 1st, 2006, 05:07 PM

AMAZING service!

Puts any American carrier to shame!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 06:26 PM
IWS

Without a doubt one of the best - if not the best airlines in terms of service, facilities, aircraft etc. If you try their F or J services it will be hard to travel any other airline !!
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:35 PM
DJE
Original Poster

Thank you for your responses. Good to know that they are still providing an excellent product. I had recently read a fair amount of rather negative reviews about Singapore on one of the airline review site so just wondered if they would still be the best choice to fly with.
Old Oct 1st, 2006, 08:55 PM
IWS

DJE - you will find some negativity about most airlines but all in all Singapore consistently delivers. If you are travelling up the front of the bus make sure you check out some of the specials that maybe on offer - limo transfer to airports etc. The lounges on the ground also add to the travel experience. Ian
Old Oct 2nd, 2006, 07:55 AM

SingAir is abosutely fab. Nice ride, especially with the new triple7's. Excellent food (offered Sushi in coah)
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 04:11 AM

Singapore Airlines? In a word - BOMBASTIC... Full review of my flight on Singapore Airlines at http://www.bombasticlife.com/t_thing...nes_SQ227.html This is one airline that puts all the others to shame.
Old Feb 9th, 2007, 07:03 AM

And the Singapore Guys are real cute!
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 01:48 AM

SQ's B777 IS THE BEST! MAYBE A380 WILLBE THE BEST!
Old Feb 12th, 2008, 03:32 AM

I honestly have never ever had a bad flight with them, great airline. They make money too!
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:11 AM

rkk......."Singapore Girls".....at least I hope that's what you mean..
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 08:25 AM

I mean the "Singapore Boys".
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 09:10 AM

Not all of us prefer the little boys fantasy of a subservient Oriental girl when flying.

Singapore Airline has a great hardware product, but I just don't like, appreciate the demeaning ways they treat the young women they employ.

3 <b>approved</b> nail polish, 5 <b>approved</b> hair styles(all pulled back, tight), etc.etc.

To top it off they recruit women from many poor Asian countries so their pay scales are low and their careers are short as they are forced to move on at certain age.

But hey, whatever it takes to make the little boys smile....

I like to think of myself as a man and on any given day I prefer a professional wo/man that do their job with dignity and don't have to abide by some old age men fantasies.

<i>The Straits Times once quoted a Qantas Airways chairman referring to the campaign of a Singapore girl as &quot;massage parlor in the sky ads&quot;.</i>

enough said.....
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 01:49 PM

AAFlyer wrote

&lt;&lt;I like to think of myself as a man and on any given day I prefer a professional wo/man that do their job with dignity and don't have to abide by some old age men fantasies.&gt;&gt;

I'm glad that you think of yourself as a man.

To say that the Singapore staff are unprofessional and have no dignity in their workplace is beyond contempt.

I've found them to be highly professional, attentive and well deserving of their 5 star cabin staff rating

So what they hire from countries such as Malaysia or Indonesia. Doesn't Cathay Pacific have a similar policy, and hey if they don't like the wages then why not leave, that's your motto I believe

And for you to finish off with a statement from the Qantas chairman about Singapore having a massage parlour in the sky is laughable given Qantas staff indiscretions in aircraft toilets.

Geordie
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM

Singapore Airlines, like similar carries, recruits staff from many countries in order to have multi-lingual staff. On my most recent flight in Business I cannot tell what ages the FA's were but they were not so young and did a superb job. Flying through Changi of course is great too.
Old Feb 13th, 2008, 02:27 PM

<i>To say that the Singapore staff are unprofessional and have no dignity in their workplace is beyond contempt.</i>

Never said that. The employees are professional and do the best they can. What I said is that the corporate culture of Singapore Airlines makes them look like a little boy fantasy about subservient Oriental women.
Some like that type of service, it doesn't do anything for me, actually it pushes me away.

<i>And for you to finish off with a statement from the Qantas chairman about Singapore having a massage parlour in the sky is laughable given Qantas staff indiscretions in aircraft toilets.</i>

Individual discretions are part of every corporate/company daily existence. Difference is when it's an official corporate policy to make their employees subservient slaves/sex objects and be happy about it, aka Hooters in US. I'm sure most girls love waitressing in these restaurants while wearing skimpy outfits or the SI FAs working for a top of the line airline, but I chose not to visit these places. I don't need it. Just my opinion.

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 04:41 PM

&lt;&lt;The employees are professional&gt;&gt;

you never said that

&lt;&lt;and do the best they can.&gt;&gt;

what a patronising statement, what is it that prevents them from doing a better job, I'd like to know??

&lt;&lt;Difference is when it's an official corporate policy to make their employees subservient slaves/sex objects and be happy about it&gt;&gt;

Perhaps you could provide some links to these official corporate policies that make their employees slaves/sex objects.

Geordie

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 05:06 PM

You can twist my words anyway you like. I know what I said but just in case you missed it:

1. Singapore Airlines cabin crews - very professional

2. Singapore Airlines corporate policy - demeaning to the women they employ. Certain look, very limited and policed appearance, pushed out at certain age, etc. I thought we live in the 21st century.

3. The FAs will defend their jobs - fine, I have no problem with that. Nobody makes them take the job.

4. so will the female employees at Hooters, again fine, it's their choice.

5. I chose not to support businesses that exploit woman's sexuality/subserviance and pretend that's it's the right thing to do for business purposes and financial bottom line. This is the 21st century.

7. Apparently Qantas CEO feels the same way.

7. YMMV

8. You and many others may like it, I don't. I prefer a friendly, great, yet non-subservient service aka QF, AA or BA to subservient CX, SI, JL service. JMHO

9. I'm done with this thread.

Old Feb 13th, 2008, 05:37 PM

&lt;&lt;You can twist my words anyway you like.&gt;&gt;

Nobody twisted your words, I quoted you word for word or have I twisted that as well

&lt;&lt;Apparently Qantas CEO feels the same way.&gt;&gt;

What do you expect from a Qantas spokesperson, Singapore are their biggest threat with the increased frequencies to Australia and their demand to operate between Australia and the US

You're finished because you've got nothing to back up your assertions.

Geordie