Established in 1890 as Knowles Station, Kensington was one of Montgomery County's first villages. Borrowing both its name and architecture from the tony London neighborhood, Kensington was a planned Victorian community from the start. Its neighbor Garrett Park even has a few "Chevy houses." Built in the 1920s, these smallish houses came with a mortgage that financed a Chevrolet in the driveway and an RCA radio inside. Start
on Armory Avenue and wander through the historic district to see the entire spectrum of domestic architecture here.