- Mother Nature Stunning red rocks, snowcapped mountains, and crisp country air rejuvenate the most cynical city dwellers. Nature lovers should visit either the Coconino or Prescott national forest.
- Father Time Ancient Native American sites, such as Walnut Canyon and Montezuma's Castle, show life before Columbus "discovered" America. You can learn their history in the excellent national monument visitor centers.
- Main Street charm Jerome and Prescott exude small-town hospitality with turn-of-the-20th-century architecture and charming bed-and-breakfasts.
- Cool escapes Beat the heat in the high desert; temperatures throughout north-central Arizona are typically 20°F cooler than in the Phoenix area.
- Free spirits The energy of Sedona is delightfully infectious; even skeptics might be tempted to get their aura read.
FODOR'S GO LIST 2015
The top 25 places we think should be on every traveler's radar this year.More