- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
La Paloma Review
About 30 km (18 miles) south of Priego de Córdoba, this restaurant overlooks the rolling hills of the Subbética. It's run by an Italian-Spanish couple; wife Elena hails from Tuscany and honed her culinary skills in one of Marbella's more exclusive restaurants before opting for the Córdoba countryside. The menu has plenty of Italian influence, including dishes like roast lamb fillets with herbs and mustard and jumbo shrimp in creamy garlic sauce. Most of the vegetables are from the couple's organic garden.
- Address: Crta. Salinas-Iznajar, Km 63, Villanueva de Tapia Priego de Córdoba, 29315
- Phone: 952/750409
- Location: Priego de Córdoba
- Credit cards accepted.
- Mon., 1st week in Feb., and 2 wks in Nov. (dates vary; call to check).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Me (23) and my partner (21) have booked a contiki tour that starts in Istanbul on the 16th of May, and finishes in Athens on the 26th of May. Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more