- Sacred Ardmore St. Declan founded Ireland's first Christian settlement near this beautifully situated fishing village on the Waterford coast.
- Kilkenny, Ireland's Medieval Capital With its famous 14th-century "witch," Petronilla, Camelot-worthy Black Abbey, and fairy-tale Kilkenny Castle, the city still conjures up the days of knights and damsels.
- Pretty-as-a-postcard Lismore Presided over by the neo-baronial castle of the Dukes of Devonshire, this storybook village has attracted visitors ranging from Sir Walter Raleigh to Fred Astaire.
- Cashel of the Kings Ireland's "Rock of Ages," this spectacular 200-foot-tall rock bluff was the ancient seat of the Kings of Munster.
- Wexford and Waterford Big-city lights shine brightest here, thanks to such attractions as the famed Wexford Opera Festival and the reborn Waterford Crystal factory and visitor center.
Need a break from the big city? View 42-hour itineraries from 13 cities.More