- Sacred Ardmore St. Declan founded Ireland's first Christian settlement near this beautifully situated fishing village on the Waterford coast.
- Kilkenny, Ireland's Medieval Capital With its famous 14th-century "witch," Petronilla, Camelot-worthy Black Abbey, and fairy-tale Kilkenny Castle, the city still conjures up the days of knights and damsels.
- Pretty-as-a-postcard Lismore Presided over by the neo-baronial castle of the Dukes of Devonshire, this storybook village has attracted visitors ranging from Sir Walter Raleigh to Fred Astaire.
- Cashel of the Kings Ireland's "Rock of Ages," this spectacular 200-foot-tall rock bluff was the ancient seat of the Kings of Munster.
- Wexford and Waterford Big-city lights shine brightest here, thanks to such attractions as the famed Wexford Opera Festival and the reborn Waterford Crystal factory and visitor center.
GREAT AMERICAN VACATION
Take our short photo quiz to reveal your ideal trip in the U.S.More