- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's England 2014
At a Glance
- helpful hosts
- peaceful ambience
- minimum stay required on weekends in high season
- rooms upstairs accessed by exterior stairs
- a drive from the village
Check Rates from our Partners
Easton Court Review
Discerning travelers such as C.P. Snow, Margaret Mead, John Steinbeck, and Evelyn Waugh—who completed Brideshead Revisited here—made this their Dartmoor home-away-from-home. The Tudor thatch-roof house has 3½ acres of grounds and simple but elegant cottage-style rooms in an adjoining wing; all rooms have views over the well-maintained garden. Breakfast choices include soufflé omelets.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Alright, seasoned travelers, here is a very rough sketch of my itinerary for the summer. Read more