- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Cafeteria al-Medina Review
The location is lovely: the restaurant was built in a green spot around the waterwheels at the center of town. The wheels' eerie whining and the cool splashing of water make a lovely accompaniment to a relatively unexceptional meal. The fare is basic: shish kebab, roast chicken, and the regular mezze. Service is not exactly speedy. Beer is generally available, except during Ramadan.
- Address: Off Shar'a al-Gomhurriya, Medinet Fayyum
- Phone: No phone
- Location: The Fayyum
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more