- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
More Levantine than Turkish—despite the name and kitsch Ottoman decor—this restaurant serves delicious food that is a bit of a change from the routine. The manakish (flatbread) comes in a long flat loaf covered in black cumin and sesame seeds rather than the usual zaatar (sesame seeds mixed with powdered sumac and thyme); and the börek peynir (phyllo pastries stuffed with cheese) are spiced with a hint of nutmeg. You are likely to feel stuffed even before the heavy main dishes arrive, but try to leave room for the sharkassia (half a chicken in a mild walnut sauce).
- Address: 20 Shar'a Riyadh, Mohandiseen, Cairo
- Phone: 02/3347–5135
- Location: Mohandiseen
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
World Travel Expert advice - (No Travel Bias!)
I Plan on traveling on either September or October 2014!
Need help with budget of $3,000 (US dollars), (Includes RT Air!), and have not decided where to Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more