- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
More Levantine than Turkish—despite the name and kitsch Ottoman decor—this restaurant serves delicious food that is a bit of a change from the routine. The manakish (flatbread) comes in a long flat loaf covered in black cumin and sesame seeds rather than the usual zaatar (sesame seeds mixed with powdered sumac and thyme); and the börek peynir (phyllo pastries stuffed with cheese) are spiced with a hint of nutmeg. You are likely to feel stuffed even before the heavy main dishes arrive, but try to leave room for the sharkassia (half a chicken in a mild walnut sauce).
- Address: 20 Shar'a Riyadh, Mohandiseen, Cairo,
- Phone: 02/3347-5135
- Location: Mohandiseen
- No credit cards.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Beautiful Egypt! Flights to Cairo From 785 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- Save $$ in Cairo: Book Fr $159+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $80/night less
- Save at 3-Star President: $62 & Up in Jun Expedia
- 5-Star Cairo Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1306 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 7 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $2,949 Expedia
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
Ok, I'm off to Egypt in Novermber to take part in the Cross Egypt Challenge.
Now you're probably asking what the heck is that? Well I'm a scooter rider and this is Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more