- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Rossini is in a renovated villa in Heliopolis, but you'll thank yourself if you forgo the pleasant (if generic) interior and sit in the garden for one of Cairo's few alfresco dining experiences, with tables scattered among spotlit palm trees. Rossini is best known for its Italian-influenced seafood, including tender stuffed crab and a delicious shrimp and linguine. For a more local touch, whole fish baked in a casing of salt is a Coptic favorite, especially during the holidays. For dessert, have an authentic tiramisu—Rossini is one of the few places in town that does this dessert right. Service is excellent.
- Address: 66 Shar'a Omar Ibn al-Khattab, Heliopolis, Cairo, 11737
- Phone: 02/2291-8282
- Location: Heliopolis
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Beautiful Egypt! Flights to Cairo From 696 R/T ASAPTickets.com
- 5-Star Concorde El Salam Fr $104+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $26/night less
- 4-Star Maadi Fr $110+/Nt Hotels.com
- 5-Star Cairo Sale! 4 Nts + Air Fr $1186 Expedia
- Hot Deal on a 11 Nt Cruise! Uniworld Boutique Cruises Fr $4,099 Expedia
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
Its been a week since my 7 day trip to Egypt with my boyfriend, and I better write it all down lest i forget! Read more
I am planning to spend four nights in Cairo. Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more