- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Arabic Phrases
Rossini is in a renovated villa in Heliopolis, but you'll thank yourself if you forgo the pleasant (if generic) interior and sit in the garden for one of Cairo's few alfresco dining experiences, with tables scattered among spotlit palm trees. Rossini is best known for its Italian-influenced seafood, including tender stuffed crab and a delicious shrimp and linguine. For a more local touch, whole fish baked in a casing of salt is a Coptic favorite, especially during the holidays. For dessert, have an authentic tiramisu—Rossini is one of the few places in town that does this dessert right. Service is excellent.
- Address: 66 Shar'a Omar Ibn al-Khattab, Heliopolis, Cairo, 11737
- Phone: 02/2291–8282
- Location: Heliopolis
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I hope this trip is not considered too old to report. Read more
Just returned from 12 great days in Egypt. Read more
I regret not listening to my friends that advise me not to go there . Read more
· News & Features
From the depths of the Diwan bookstore to the flavors of a basterma croissant, author Pauls Toutonghi ... Read more
Egypt has lured world wanderers for millennia with some of civilization’s grandest treasures.... Read more