- Roman ruins Take a walk through the Roman area in Pula, where you will find one of the world's biggest and best-preserved amphitheaters (in fact, the sixth-largest in the world).
- Fresh seafood Have dinner at one of Rovinj's elegant restaurants (Barba Danilo and Monte are among the city's finest dining establishments).
- Medieval hill towns A scenic drive through the medieval towns of Grožnjan and Motovun in the hilly interior is not to be missed; these are villages that time seems to have forgotten. Indulge in a wine or olive-oil tasting at Kabola, Cuj, or Chiavalon estates.
- Ancient churches Enjoy a tour of the amazing 6th-century Byzantine mosaics at St. Euphrasius Basilica in Poreč; St. Euphrasius is one of the best-preserved early Christian churches in Europe.
- Delicious gelato As in Italy, gelato is available everywhere in dozens of flavors all over Istria. Grab a cone and enjoy the early evening passeggiata, just like a local.
Log in with user name:
Not a member? Register Now
Log in with social media:
Log in with Facebook
Log in with Twitter
Love to travel?
Get FREE email communications from Fodor's Travel, covering must-see travel destinations, expert trip planning advice, and travel inspiration to fuel your passion.
How we use your email