Wizard Pub's Maui Condo ratings.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are in the process of planning next summer's trip to Maui and are looking for a condo for our next trip. We did love the Marriott Ocean Club but they have a kitchenette, not a kitchen. Maui Revealed rates the folowing as "real gems"; Kahana Sunset, Kahana Village, Embassy Suites, The Ka'anapali Alii (of course), The Whaler and Puamana. The following are "solid gold values"; Hale Ona Loa, Hololani, Noelani, Lokelani and Maui Kai. Frankly, my taste tends to run to the Alii and the Whaler for location but if I can spend less money and enjoy the views, the accommodations and the pool, I could give up walking to the Whaler Village. Any opinions on those listed. Another option is returning to Wailea for the beautiful beaches. Location and value are important to me. Thanks,
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:09 AM

Read the thread on the Puamana Townhouses. We checked them out on our last visit and will stay there next time. Very close to Lahaina and they appear to be in very good shape.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:44 AM

Remember not all condos have a/c, which may or may not be a problem for you. We've stayed twice at Noelani and liked it a lot (but not in high summer; May & October trips).
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Original Poster

Puamana is very high on my list. Being able to walk to Lahaina is a definate plus. Also for Kauai. I am pretty much settled on Kiahuna Plantation and will look for both at VRBO. Any first hand recommendations for a particular unit will definately be well received.
Old Aug 12th, 2005, 03:53 PM

We've stayed at Kahana Village and it was very nice. We liked the location, although it is a bit removed for some. It does not have a beach to speak of, and is very rocky entry into the water there, but the views from the lanai's are awesome. Great views of Molokai and Lanai. The pool area is very nice, although the pool is round, so not good for lap swimming. The units do not have air-conditioning, but do have paddle fans on upper and lower levels.
There have been good reviews of Maui Kai on this site and others, and we will be staying there in Nov.
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 11:26 AM

I also love Puamana. I've rented thru Whaler's Realty & thru private owners. The only negative I can come up with is that the beach isn't very good for swimming right in front of Puamana, but the pools are great - especially the oceanfront, adults only one. All of the units I've stayed in have had everything you could possibly want. I highly recommend it.
Dianne
Old Aug 13th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

When we stayed in Wailea, at the time it was an Outrigger and now a Marriott, we loved the condos that were right along the walk. I believe they are the Elua. Any opinions on those?