Search

Condo on Maui?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condo on Maui?

My husband, baby, and I will be going to Maui in September. Can anyone recommend a condo on the beach?
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 02:38 PM

What about the Aston Kaanapali?
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 03:22 PM

There are over 100 condos on Maui. If you wnat any meaningful replies you have to supply more information. What part of Maui do you wnat to be in? What is your price range? Do you want to be where all the action is or do you prefer a secluded location? What is more important - a high quality condo or a high quality beach? Etc.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

Not sure what area we'd like to be in since we've never been before. Probably Kaanapali or Wilea. Price range about $150 per night. We like to stay where it's relativly quiet but a quick drive to shopping/restaurants. A sandy beach with calm water is very important. So is a good pool. Thanks.
Old Jun 12th, 2003, 06:06 PM

Hey Bookbabe, one book worth checking out is "Maui Revealed", it has very thorough reviews and photos/links to condo's in Maui. Since you are the bookbabe you probably know it's available at Barnes & Nobel etc. Good Hunting!
Old Jun 14th, 2003, 09:13 PM

Don't know much about Wailea properties but for the price you mention and beach requirement I'd suggest properties on Napili Bay or possibly Kahana areas. Kaanapali is great but tends to be a bit higher $ tho' specials abound. I certainly support the recommendation to buy the Maui Revealed book, it's excellent.
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 05:55 AM

The only option for a beachfront condo on Kaanapali Beach for $150 is The Whaler. Most condo properties on Maui are run just like a hotel by a property management company. If you rent a studio at the Whaler through the property management company (www.the-Whaler.com) the rate is $175. But you can by-pass the property management company and rent a studio directly from the condo owner for $130.

Another option as already mentioned is Napili Bay or Kahana both of which are just a few miles north of Kaanapali. The beach in Kahana is not very good but Napili Bay has a nice beach. Napili Bay is very quiet and you will have to drive to get to restauarants, shopping. etc. while Kaanapli is busier with restaurants and shopping within a few minutes walk.

Somebody else mentioned Aston Kaanapali Shores, but it does not have nice beach frontage.

And a final option is Kihei which is right next to Wailea. Kihei is the "budget" area of Maui. Kihei has nice but small beaches and many condos for less than $150 but most of the condos are across the street from the beaches.

I hope this quick overview helps. If you want more info let me know.
Old Jun 15th, 2003, 08:53 AM

Sugar Beach Resort in Kihei has terrific units for the price (about $100-$150 for a 1/br condo). The place has a nice pool also. The complex is right on the beach, no walking across the very busy street. You're right there. Quiet location. You'd need a car to go just about anywhere, but downtown Kihei is only a few minutes with lots of restaurants and shops, and then of course the famous Kaanapali Beach is about a half hour away. Aloha!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 03:16 PM

Try the Napili Bay, Napili Shores, & Honokeana Resort. These are condos and are very reasonable priced. Great beach at Napili. Close to shopping and dining.
Web-sites: honokeana-cove.com, mauibeachfront.com. We stayed at the Napili Bay and it was great.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 03:31 PM

You can do a search for condosbyowner.com and it should be of help. We found one in Kahana that we enjoyed thoroughly and it was exactly as advertised.
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 04:50 PM

My husband and I are also going to Maui in September. I just booked a condo through a company called Maui Lodgings. (Their web address is www.mauilodging.com) We got a condo at the Hale Kai, but there were so many great-looking properties, that it was hard to choose. I talked to a girl named Jennifer, who also recommended the Hoyochi Nikko. (The Hoyochi Nikko is also an oceanfront condo-complex, and the company's most popular for rentals.) Another thing that won me over was the fact that every renter is greeted with a fresh pineapple, fresh flowers, and a guide book written especially for Maui Lodging Renters detailing the company's Maui favorites.
But the very best thing of all...our beautiful oceanfront condo was only $105 a night! (September is the Islands' slowest month, so you should be able to get real steals. Make sure to ask for them!) I haven't been to this area before-Honokowai, north of Kaanapali Beach-but it's Hawaii, so I figure it can't be bad. Do check out this website. I think you'll find lots to like!