Maui condos

Old May 30th, 2004, 05:54 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui condos

Can you help me please? Next year I want to plan a trip to Maui. To help save costs, I was planning on staying at a condo for no more than $250.00 a night. I would love it in the Wailea area, but am open to other areas. Condo views are not a necessity if it helps defray costs; but we are looking for a clean, pretty place. Any recommendations for an agency to use or is renting from an owner worth it? Thanks a million.
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:03 AM

Good morning! Planning a trip to Maui is always fun!

If you're going through an individual owner, my advice would be to make sure you know when it was last renovated. You have absolutely no choice of changing units when renting from an owner.

We rented on Kaanapali Beach once from an owner, and the place ($350/night) had broken barstools, non-working dishwasher, and a couch that probably wouldn't have sold at Goodwill. The location was great and beds comfortable, but for that price we expected more.

Over in Kihei there are tons of condos right on the beaches. We've stayed at Sugar Beach Resort. Very nice.

Lots of property mgmt. firms. Just do a search on Google and you'll find them.

Happy travels and Aloha!
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:20 AM

Aloha, I go to Maui 3 times a year and love it. Wailea and Kihei are next to each other, I stay at Aston Maui Hill Kihei very reasonable. Not on the beach it's about a 5 min. walk to a beautiful beach. The grounds are beautiful, large condo's very nice people. Condo's have
huge porches. If you want on the beach I recommend Kihei surfside. Don't stay near sugar beach it can get smelly from washed up seaweed that's why the prices are less expensive there. Stay at the border of wailea in Kihei or stay in Wailea. Go to tripadvisor.com and read the reviews of Maui Hill. Also to save money stop at Costco(near airport) and pick up food. its Identical prices as on mainland. The grocery stores are very, very expensive. Even though you don't need 4 lbs of butter, it's cheaper than 1 lb in grocery store. Maui Hill also has great gas BBQ's and most units have beach chairs and Boogie Boards. Enjoy. Aloha
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:33 AM
bonniebroad

Sandyca, do you rent from Aston or from an individual owner? You've really piqued my interest in Maui Hill...... so I did go read all those reviews. Sounds like a great place if you don't mind being off-beach. Thanks for the info! I may look at that for next winter.......

Old May 30th, 2004, 08:04 AM

Our favorite place is the Maui Kai north of Kaanapali. Its an older unit, but very reasonable and many of the units have been renovated. The building sits right on the ocean. check out www.mauikai.com or to rent from an individual owner try www.awaketowaves.com