What To Do With Kids in Dallas/Ft Worth Area

Mar 31st, 2008, 01:18 PM
Original Poster

What To Do With Kids in Dallas/Ft Worth Area

We've lived in NE Tarrant county for a few years now, but we don't have little kids. My niece and nephew are 8 and 9 and will be visiting in June.

So far I've recommended:

"Tarantula" Train in Grapevine

NRH2O movies in the water

American Airlines Museum

Texas Motor Speedway tour (my nephew really wants to do this)

Dallas Aquarium

Any other ideas for things to do with kids? They're not interested in Six Flags. We'd like some things to do within an hour of Ft Worth or Dallas.

Thank you!

Mar 31st, 2008, 01:31 PM

Do they like baseball? You could go to a Rangers game.

My kids really enjoyed the Aquarium. The Fort Worth Zoo would be a bit hit also, if they like zoos at all.

If they have any appreciation for history at all, the JKF Museum at the Sixth Floor would be good. My kids about that age when we toured it.

A waterpark/pool would also be great. Also, any place w/ go-karts and/or minigolf would be fun.

They might also like the Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum. We haven't been to the one in Arlington, but my kids got a kick out of a similar one in Branson.
Mar 31st, 2008, 03:41 PM

Go to the Dallas WORLD Aquarium, which is in the West End area of downtown Dallas, not the other place in Fair Park. Although, the Museum of Nature & Science in Fair Park is good.
Mar 31st, 2008, 06:19 PM

you can take a little drive (SW) to Glenrose to Dinosaur Valley State Park my kids enjoyed that when they were that age; there is also a drive thru wildlife place, close there that they liked also, just something different.
Mar 31st, 2008, 07:12 PM

If you can check casa manana childrens playhouse in fort worth, they haven't posted their summer shows yet, but our grandchildren love going to the productions.
The Fort Worth Zoo is also great for any age.
There also is in Glen Rose the Wildlife Park and Dinosaur Tracks.
Apr 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM
Original Poster

I forgot about Casa Manana - I'll look into that. niece would like that. And maybe the Sixth Floor Museum. I really enjoyed that and then it'd be a bit of education, too.

Thanks all!
Apr 7th, 2008, 01:02 PM

... and if you go all the way to Dinosaur Valley State Park, you might as well include Fossil Rim Wildlife Park. They used to have half price Wednesday. Also, Granbury has a drive-in movie theater that is fun (something you certainly don't see any more these days).
Apr 8th, 2008, 11:47 AM

Fossil Rim is about a hour outside of Dallas and is lots of fun. It is a wildlife perserve with zebras, giraffes, rhinos and other animals.

The guided tours are a little pricy but you can also drive your own car through and that is cheaper.

www.fossilrim.org/index.php
Apr 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Jill and Jacks! (Or should that be Jack and Jill??)
Apr 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM

Hi soogies - they might enjoy the tour at the Bureau of Printing & Engraving in Fort Worth (off of 287). I took my nephews and they loved seeing where money is made!

Also, the daily cattle drives in the Stockyards are always entertaining (and free)!
Apr 20th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, joy - I actually remembered that on my own and we will be going there!