Weekend of pampering in San Diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My closest friend and I are planning a long weekend together in mid-May in San Diego (we hit Italy together last year and had a blast!) Leaving our kids and husbands behind we plan to relax, shop, dine and get pampered. My main question is about lodging. Where should we stay? Our budget is $300 a night and would love something special, would really love a resort with a great spa. Oceanside would be great, but something central too. I've read so many reviews (tripadvisor, etc.), but seems like most places get lots of mixed reviews. Any one place (in our budget) that stands above the rest? Thanks!
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM

The Four Seasons in Carlsbad would be great- there are many movie stars who come to stay there- not a beach hotel but not far to the beach and are very into pampering .
I have never stayed there but know several who have and loved the experience
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestion. I did check and they do not have availabilities there the weekend of our trip. And I'm thinking Carlsbad isn't central enough anyway?
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:12 PM

Carlsbad isnt that difficult a drive to anywhere you would want to go - only takes 30 min to get to airport if not driving at peak times - my daughter lived there but if the Four Seasons doesnt have rooms it might be a moot point.
You could also check into LaCost Resort and Spa - also Carlsbad vicinity .
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Look at L'Auberge Del Mar. Across the road from one of the nicest beaches in San Diego county, the hotel has a great restaurant on site, plus it's adjacent to a number of very good restaurants. There's a small, but expensive(!) mall across the road, and some smaller shops along the main street. You'd be very close to La Jolla, where there are even more shops and places to eat.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:08 PM

Consider Glorietta Bay Inn on Coronado Island. Voted best guest servcies. THey have a Spa and a heated pool views of the Bay, not far from the Coronado beaches..nice community with lots of dining choices.
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 06:51 PM

If you are looking for a central location in San Diego try the Holiday Inn On The Bay. It is about $175 per night + parking. It is right at the Embarcadero. Five minutes to Balboa Park museums & zoo, Seaport Village, USS Midway, Gaslamp District, Petco Park, etc. Fifteen/twenty minutes to Seaworld or Coronado Island. Very, very nice hotel.
8-)
Old Mar 14th, 2006, 07:01 PM

The Catamaran Resort Hotel on Mission Bay has a spa, and the location couldn't be more central. See www.catamaranresort.com