reserveusa.com rip off

Apr 6th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

reserveusa.com rip off

I just got charged $19 to change a 2 night camping stay. Original fee $35 with a $9 fee included and when I wanted to change my arrival date I was charged $19 service fees for a $17 camping fee. Worst part the woman I spoke with told me it was my own stupidity for not reading the cancellation fees. At that point I told her that it would be known of her customer service skills and the company's policies.
Apr 6th, 2006, 04:56 PM

Did you read the cancellation fees? Was she making it up - or was the information on fees available?
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:00 PM

Did she actually say "stupidity" or did she imply it? Wow that's really something, to get called on it like that!
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:06 PM

I'm pretty sure a CSR will never use the word "stupidity".

Apr 6th, 2006, 05:15 PM

Five seconds after I went to www.reserveusa.com, I got to this link

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/homepa.../policies.html

where it states: "A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation."

Apr 6th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

She used the word "stupidity" and that was what really upset me. Bad enough I knew it myself but to have a customer service rep use it to defend her company's policy but a bit much. Worst part was the reservation rep transferred me to her to have her wave the penalities, not at my request, it was the reservation rep's doing.
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

I didn't cancel the reservation, I was adding a day to an existing reservation. Not only was I charged the $10, I was charged another $9 service fee. That is not mentioned. So I have paid three $9 fees. One at original booking, one at the change and another for the new day.
Apr 6th, 2006, 05:32 PM

Oh Boy! This is then bad. You might want to report this to BBB and move on. They can track the CSR's name through your details.

Sorry to hear.

I had one such incident at my Acura dealer's service station and I wrote to their senior management and gave them a hard time. I believe the mechanic was finally asked to leave when I complained to Acura as well.

Sorry, off topic.
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:14 PM

" had one such incident at my Acura dealer's service station and I wrote to their senior management and gave them a hard time. I believe the mechanic was finally asked to leave when I complained to Acura as well."

You complained so much because of one incident that an emplyee was fired? Yikes.
Apr 6th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Neopolitan

So stupidity is indeed a rough word, what word would you have preferred when you called her to complain about their enforcing the clearly stated rules? "Comprehension challenged?"

Apr 7th, 2006, 05:27 AM

Yep, it was once such incident that I had to face but I got to know there were many such complaints against him through thr service manager whom I work with these days.

These were the night shift guys since the service station had late night service until 3am.

Basically, here's what happened - I had an appointment reserved which is basically a 1.5 hr delivery promise based on the complaints I had registered. I need to drive back home too rite at 3:00am ?

The guy takes my details and looks at my complaint and tell me to return next day (its 1:45am). On asking him what the issue is he says he cannot cover all the problems I have listed.

He continues to ask me "what the problem was with the SUV's pick-up". I explained to him that it had gone down temendously (which they later on identified and fixed during the next service). The guys response was that I need to "Press more gas". It was like he was talking to someone who just learnt driving 2 days back not 16 years ago! Very camly I requested that he does a test drive before he speaks to this, his response was I "really should" try out his solution "press the pedal a little more" And he refused to fix that problem.

Guess that's the level of patience I could have at 2:00am in the morning.

Wierdest of the lot, but the others there have been just awesome.

Apr 7th, 2006, 10:44 PM

The site says:

Changes and Cancellations: A $10.00 service fee will apply if you change or cancel your reservation.

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/homepa.../policies.html

If you weren't changing any of the orginal dates, then I think I would have just called and booked the earlier date as a new booking.

Utahtea