Search

Red River Valley NM

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2009, 05:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red River Valley NM

We will be traveling to Red River Valley and the surrounding areas with our 3 daughters age 16, 11 and 8. We will be going for 3-4 days, the 1st part of August 2009. We are looking for cabins and things to do in the area. I am hoping someone can give me advice.
Thank you
Old Apr 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM

Go down to Bandelier NP. it is fantastic, has ancient dwellings carved into the rock of the mountainside. There is a part of the park that is 5 miles down the road and not so well visited but the hike is great for kids your ages and it gives a look at what an area looks like that has not been reconstructed.
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 06:32 AM

The website to the Red River Community House (http://www.redrivercommunityhouse.org) has links to the Chamber of Commerce and several dozen hotels, beds and breakfasts, and cabins. The Community House hosts 343 free family and children activities during the summer, about 4 per day. Especially neat activities for families is the guided hikes to Middlefork Lake, Wild Rivers Area, and three other guided hikes each week.

Your daughters will also enjoy CHILL!, the Community House's weekly teenage night with free pizza, wiis, guitar heros, and live bands.

See the Calendar on the website for activities during the first week of August.

Please e-mail if I can be of help.
[email protected]
Old Apr 23rd, 2009, 08:14 AM

We have a two bedroom condo in Taos Ski Valley with two sets of bunkbeds in the 2nd bedroom - perfect for your size family. There is LOTS to do in the whole Enchanted Circle area of northern New Mexico! We are not in Red River, so if youa re definite about that area for your whole trip, we won't be appropriate, but check us out at http://vrbo.com/207104 and http://thewrightretreat.shutterfly.com. Then look at the Taos Ski Valley Chamber website for activities in the area - www.taosskivalley.com.
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 01:04 PM

If you have never visited Red River, You Will Love It! Such a beautiful majestic little town! I highly recommend you stay with Red River Real Estate during your visit - they are the nicest bunch of folks! They have every type of cabin imagineable in every location of Red River imagineable. Also, contact Eddie at the Community Center. He has a awesome summer program for kids!