NYC: Crowne Plaza or Broadway Inn

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 03:28 AM
Michelle

NYC: Crowne Plaza or Broadway Inn

I have narrowed down my hotel choices to two. The Times Sq Crowne Plaza ($130) or Broadway Inn ($110). What do you think?
Things important to me: in area able to walk to breakfast/drinks and feel safe, close to subway would be nice, comfortable/nice rooms, friendly hotel willing to offer advice etc.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 03:52 AM
Bob

Two totally different experiences. The Crowne Plaza is a high rise large hotel located on Broadway and 48th St. The Broadway Inn is a small four story converted apartment building - it is a walk up. It is located on W. 46th on the corner of 8th Ave., - one block west of Broadway. Both are convenient to the subway and are safe. The Crowne is a full service hotel. The Inn calls itself a "bed and breafast" inn. Plenty of places to walk to for dining and drinks. Have read a number of favorable comments on the Inn. If you prefer small choose the Inn; big the Crowne.

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 07:06 PM
Nicole

We recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square and LOVED it! If you want to be included in the hustle and bustle of NYC Times Square, this is the place to stay. Friendly staff, modern decor, comfortbale rooms, and a wonderful location helped to make our stay wonderful. Good luck!

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:27 AM
Angel

I am planning a trip to NYC in early September and would love to stay at the Times Sq Crowne Plaza but can't find a room for the $130 mentioned in the first posting. I can't even find a room for $220 at this hotel. I would love to know how you were able to get this outstanding rate.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 04:54 PM
Susan

I am also interested in where you found the rate of $130 for Crowne Plaza. The best I have found is around $150.
Thanks for sharing.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Me

Michelle,

Just stayed 3 nites at the Crowne Plaza and I totally agree with Nicholle. Plus we were on the 39th floor and overlooked Broadway! What a view!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:14 PM
Michele

The crowne plaza rate was from their web site. I am not sure if it is still good.

I ended up using priceline and staying at the Hyatt.

I looked at the Broadway Inn when I was in NYC. It was okay, but I wouldn't stay there unless it was a lot cheaper than other places. Very plain & small rooms.