Broadway Inn ---Any one stayed here lately?

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 03:54 AM
Bernadette

Broadway Inn ---Any one stayed here lately?

Iam planning a trip to NYC July 31st through
August 4th. I will be travelling with my 16 years old son. In your suggestion, would this be a good place to stay?? My son also is interested in visiting WWF. And, of course, I would like to take him to see a Broadway play. Iam open for any advice or suggestions. THANKS AHEAD!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Liz

Hi Bernadette,

My husband, son, and I stayed in a suite there in January. Liked the location, the room, and especially the really nice staff. Plan to stay there again on our next trip to NYC.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:33 AM
bernadette

Thank you, Liz!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:18 AM
s

Enter "Broadway Inn" in search box and click on "New York" - there have a number of notes about this place. I have only read favorable things about the place. There is a downside, at least for me. The building is a 4 story walk-up, no elevators. Also. it is not a full service hotel. Location is great - W. 45th and 8th Ave. WWF is a five minute walk. Most theaters are less than a five minute walk away.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:16 AM
bernadette

S,

I'll take the "little inconveniences" for a great location =). Thank you!!!!

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:25 AM
gc

See the Lion King.
See the Lion King.
See the Lion King.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 09:56 AM
bernadette

gc,

Great suggestion....actually, my son has requested to see this play....THANKS

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:33 AM
a

Now you have to get tickets to the Lion King. It is not likely you will find tickets at the box office but you can try. You might find tickets through a ticket broker but you will have to pay a hefty price.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 10:56 AM
Bernadette

aa,

Are you suggesting that i should go ahead and buy the tickets for Lion King online via ticket master??? How about TKS once i arrive in NYC??? Please tell me....

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
steve

It is unlikely that you'll be able to get Lion King tickets at the TKTS booth. Even thought it's been running quite awhile tickets are still much in demand.

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 05:35 PM
rqf

TKTS will not have discouint tickets for Lion King nor are you likely to find them any place else. Call the box office at (800) 755-4000 for availabilityIf that doesn't work tickets for the other Disney show, Beauty and the Beast, have been offered at the TKTS booth

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Kay

We took my 17 year old son and his 16 year old friend to New York last week and they really enjoyed Urinetown. I know the title sounds strange but they really talked it up. We got tickets at the Time Square booth-we never saw Lion King offered here. We got Lion King tickets on line-they were quite high up in the theater but we had no problem seeing or hearing, it is a fabulous show! Have fun, we plan on making this trip an annual event! New York is the best!!!

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 04:33 AM
bernadette

stever, rqf, and kay,

Thanks for the info. Will try to get Lion King tickets online .... thank you!!!

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 02:32 AM
up t the

!
Here's more info for you