No purses, etc. at Pearl Harbor??

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:25 AM
mary

No purses, etc. at Pearl Harbor??

I read on here that visitors to Pearl Harbor were not allowed to bring purses, diaper bags, cameras, etc. Just what do people do with their items??

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:45 AM
jazz

If you drive there on your own, you can lock your belongings up in the trunk of the car. Otherwise, if you go with a tour, it's best to just take what you can carry in your pockets - ie. hotel key, cash - before boarding the bus. If you leave your belongings on the tour bus, you'll lose them because the bus doesn't wait around.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Patty

Best to leave most of your valuables at the hotel. You can leave some items in your trunk, but we saw signs all over the parking lot warning of break-in's (don't know how often it actually happens though). Cameras are allowed, just not camera bags (or any type of bags).

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 12:16 PM
Melissa

Unless this a new post 9/11 thing they do let you take purse/bags. I was there last april and had a backpack purse and a diaper backpack.. And my husband had the video camera bag...no problems at all.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 01:18 PM
scigirl

It is a 9/11 thing - no bags, purses, etc. No lockers are available.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 01:29 PM
Lenore

We were there in April and they definitely don't allow anything to be carried in. This includes (but not limited to) purses, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, camera bags etc. Do all your souvenier shopping AFTER you've toured the Arizona, Missouri and Bowfin because they don't allow anything to be carried aboard. Put your money, credit cards, ID etc in your pocket and your camera around your neck without the camera bag. It's not really that big of a hassle unless you're dragging small children there. We were very glad we went, especially since my birthday is Dec 7th!!

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 01:49 PM
dirtydiapers

Fine, I'll leave the baby's dirty diapers with them if they won't let you carry a diaper bag. Sorry but no diaper bags is overkill. Search them if you want, but a baby has needs.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:20 PM
rof

People actually go to Hawaii with their babys? Why?

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 02:43 PM
darlene

Just returned and yes, no bags allowed. Anyone taking a baby on these tours had to be crazy. I can't believe all the people with crying bored kids - how can they adults enjoy their vacation???? Why do they bother???

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Marsha

We were at Pearl Harbor in June. I was allowed to take my camera, but not my purse. There was a bag check operated by the park service. I checked my purse for $2. Your items are well-guarded and I wasn't concerned about theft.

Old Aug 9th, 2002, 05:29 PM
joy

To dirty diapers - What a shame that you cannot conform to the rules, especially, in this present time. Your attitude leaves MUCH to be desired.