Reload this Page >

NYC - Cheap Nike Shox

Search

NYC - Cheap Nike Shox

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Ted

NYC - Cheap Nike Shox

Hello, again. My nephew insists that I can find cheap Nike Shox ($12) here in Manhattan somewhere. From what I can surmise, Shox are the hot new shoes that 10 year olds MUST have. My nephew's best friend visited a few weeks ago and allegedly found a pair for $12. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
a

I have never seen Nike Anything for $12. Keep us informed as to your quest.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Ted

I received an e-mail from the little guy saying he spoke to his friend who says that he found the shoes "across from the Sheraton Times Square." So, being the good uncle, I guess I'll venture down there and check it out.

Any other suggestions from my fellow New Yorkers and NYC visitors?

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 02:32 PM
x

I'm sure you can find the knock-off on Canal St.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Ted

I was wondering about that. I go to Canal frequently and have never noticed knock-off Nikes, but then again I haven't been looking. That would be perfect considering how fast my nephew is growing.

Old Jun 13th, 2002, 08:52 PM
xx

are you sure he didn't mean Nike "sox"???

Old Jun 14th, 2002, 06:48 AM
Ted

Yes, I'm sure. Nike Shox shoes.

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:18 PM
Ted

No luck in Times Square today. Not only no cheap Shox, no Shox whatsoever. The little guy is going to be disappointed.

Any ideas from NYC shoppers?

(As an unsolicited editorial aside, I can't imagine why *anyone* would choose to stay at a hotel in Times Square. What a crowded nightmare! The noise is unbelievable, and the ultra-annoying sidewalk congestion is to the point of unpassability. I know, I know, the theaters are nearby, but is that enough to warrant staying at a hotel in hell? With so many locations to choose from, Times Square should be LAST on tourists' lists.)

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
Teresa

Ted,
I would venture to guess that your 10 year old nephew would LOVE staying in Times Square!!! There's your answer. We stayed at the Doubletree last year with our kids--I was ready for more peaceful venues by the 2nd day but the 12 year old was in 7th heaven dealing with all the street venders. The location really was handy after the shows, too but next time we'll stay somewhere a little quieter

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:05 PM
Ted

And I was wondering why I don't have children (yet)! Ha ha ha . . . .

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 03:15 PM
suzanne

Ted - I often wonder the same thing about Times Square. It's one huge pedestrian traffic jam in the midst of cheesy restaurants and souvenir shops. Blech!