North Conway Hotels that Allow Dogs

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 01:06 PM
Christina

North Conway Hotels that Allow Dogs

Looking for a hotel or other accommodations in the vicinity of North Conway that allow dogs. I am a single traveler, who'll be doing a rock climbing program as well as doing some hiking with the dog. Never traveled with the dog before, so advice is also welcome. She's a faily mellow 10 year old mid-sized mutt.

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 04:10 PM
anncat

I have recently adopted an older dog and have contemplated taking a trip with her also. Have checked out a couple of older travel books that I have from NH (4 yr.old) and saw that an Inn in Jackson which is right outside of No. Conway allows dogs. It is called Whitney's Village Inn - not sure if they still do but it is worth a try.

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 10:58 AM
xxx

Whitneys Inn is in Jackson (Next to No Conway)
Try contacting their chamber of commerce they might know of a place in the area that accepts dogs www.jacksonnh.com

also try www.conwaychamber.com

Old Jun 22nd, 2002, 02:36 PM
jcbk

The Dana Place INN in Jackson on the rad to wildcat allows dogs

Old Jul 23rd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Madolyn

I've not stayed here, but in my research of North Conway area accommodations, I came across this place, Swiss Chalets Inn in Intervale, that allows pets:

http://www.swisschaletsvillage.com

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 12:39 PM
anncat

Back to the question about dogs at hotels in the vicinity of No.Conway - I tried to get a room at Whitney's which does allow dogs but the problem is there are only 4 such rooms. Just found out about another hotel that does allow dogs and it is in No.Conway on Main st. It is called North Conway Mountain Inn and you can get info off of the web. I am planning on going for 1 night sometime in August with our dog and will post some feedback on our stay.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:30 PM
xxx

North Conway can be very crowded and have a kind of strip mall feel. It's good you have a hotel reservation, but keep looking. You might do better in one of the smaller, nicer towns a little distance away.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Leslie

My friend just booked the North Conway Grand Hotel -- only available hotel per Bidding for Travel's site. It's a 3 star hotel, and his bid of $42 was accepted for early October. Don't know what the taxes are, but the Priceline fee is $5.95. By the way, the rack rate is $149, and there is a website. Hotel looks very nice, and its a bargain if you can get it on Priceline.

Sorry don't know if the Grand Hotel allows pets, but you could give the Reservation Desk a call and find out.

Old Jul 28th, 2002, 01:41 PM
GAry

Try www.dogfriendly.com

They have a hotel database for most states.