Need a suite in New York

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a suite in New York

My husband, 5-year old and I will be going to New York for one night after Christmas; I read great reviews of the Affinia Dumont on Trip Advisor and wondered if anyone had stayed there and could give an opinion (got a decent price and it sounds great, but am a little concerned that the location is a little off the beaten path); got the same rate for a suite at the Time (where I've stayed before); it's a little funky, but fine. We need to go the Big Apple Circus at Lincoln Center with relatives, see the tree at Rockefeller Center, go to FAO Schwartz and depending on the weather, Central Park.
Any thoughts would be appreciated,

Mary
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 03:58 AM

You might consider the queen suite at The Mansfield on 44th, between 5th and 6th. Comes with continental breakfast and the location is excellent for your itinerary. The qs is two rooms with a queen bed and foldout couch. We love the place!
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 04:20 AM

I've stayed at two Affinia suite hotels, and loved them both. My favorite was Beekman Towers, but I'd stay in any of them without batting an eyelash.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 04:30 AM

Wewere NYC with our 2 sons in Oct and stayed at the Kimberly on E 50th Tt and were very pleased. A tiny lobby, but the suite was very spacious - really like a 1 bedroom apartment with a full kitchen!
I was able to book it at www.express-res.com for $265 a night, which made it a bargain compared to other properties.
Old Dec 1st, 2004, 11:06 AM
Original Poster

thanks everybody for the suggestions--esp. the Mansfield--I have stayed there before and forgotten all about it.

Thanks again!

Mary