Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new york city hotels

any good value hotes in nyc with kids.
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:53 PM

Mayflower, big rooms or suite-style with mini kitchens. Near the park.
Old Apr 30th, 2003, 04:18 PM
weenie57

Mayflower has some REALLY disgusting reviews. How about the Doubletree Suites in TImes Square? We love it there with the kids.You get 2 rooms, 2 tvs, refrigerator, and we used to get free full breakfast (don't know if they still have that).

Old Apr 30th, 2003, 05:51 PM

Good value is relative in NYC but I like Radio City Apartments (it is a hotel). The decor is sort of late 70's Comfort Inn motif but when we stayed there it was clean and cheap by NYC standards. Great location close to subways and Times Square but not noisy. Our room had BR w/double bed for the parents and a huge living/dining area with efficiency kitchen and a futon/double bed for the kids. My daughter is a night owl so she stayed dup late watching TV and eating microwave popcorn while I slept. Both rooms had their own door to the bathroom - very convenient. I repeat - not posh or upscale by any stretch of the imagination but was a good value when I stayed there (that was 7 years ago - lots could have changed - best to do some more research!).
Old May 1st, 2003, 03:14 AM

I have to recommend the Manhattan East Suite hotels! I stayed in Eastgate Towers in July 2001 and it was great value. We were four people in a 1 bedroom suite and it cost some 170 USD.

There was a small kitchen, a bedroom and a living room with a sofa bed (not the most comfortable, though) and a bathroom with a window. The suite was clean and quite nice, actually looked exactly like the pictures I saw before booking. We could see the Empire State building from the bedroom window!

It is located on 222 E. 39th street (close to 3rd Avenue).
Lots of pictures on the website
www.mesuite.com
Old May 1st, 2003, 05:16 AM

Don't know what YOU consider a "good value", but we really liked the Broadway Inn. It has suites and is one of Fodors choices.

www.broadwayinn.com
Old May 5th, 2003, 10:34 AM

I have stayed at Radio City Apts several times as well and it is a great value for the space you have. The 1 bedroom suites, I believe, are around $150 a night. Great location and fairly quiet. Enjoy the trip!