Reload this Page >

motel near disney for february break

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:44 AM
vavalynn

My family and I need a clean safe motel to stay in Orlando just to lay our heads after a day at the parks. Nothing fancy, somewhere near disney, but a great rate. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:07 AM
Stephanie P.

Vava:

I'd suggest staying on International Drive in Kissamee (sp?). It is close to Disneyworld and there are all types of hotel chains on the drive. An added bonus is Wet n' Wild water park which is a really fun place to spend a day or half day.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:17 AM
disfan

Courtyard by Marriott
Downtown Disney

$25 special
https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.co...courtyard1.cfm

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Jennifer

Hampton Inn Maingate East. Get the Orlando Magic Card and you can get a discounted rate.

http://www.orlandoinfo.com/magicard/index.cfm

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Marian

Go to www.disboards.com for everything disney, including off-site properties.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:58 PM
joesorce

not many great rates available during February break......how far away from the park is TOO far?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Postal

I've never paid more than $25 for an Orlando hotel (International Drive area) thru Priceline in January and February.

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 08:04 PM
joe

Well then you never went during February school break, Postal.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 02:41 AM
gpepper

I don't have any idea of what February School Break is......Spring break occurs anywhere from February to April depending on college, elementary/high school district.

But, February is a great tim to visit Disney World, Universal, etc. Try Hotwire.com or Priceline.com and use the February dates you have in mind.

In February, you will probably be able to get a 4 star hotel in Orlando for between $30 - $40.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 04:34 AM
vavalynn

Thank you for all of the information. We will be leaving the third week in Feb. I really dont mind a drive (under 45 minutes) each day, so I will look into these ideas. It sounds like I am planning too early??

Thanks again.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Stephanie P.

Vava:

International Drive is close to Disneyworld. I do not think making reservations now would be too early. You always get the best selection of rooms and locations in motel/hotels when you do make reservations early.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:13 AM
Debbie

Vava,

I'd stay away from International Drive. That place has become so crowded and the traffic is murder! We were there a few weeks ago and it was like a parking lot.
How about trying a hotel out on 192 East or West? A plethora of choices!

It really amazes me how they've managed to keep hotel prices so low all these years in the Kissimmee area. Has to be due to the very over-abundance of them.

One other hint though, Vava-Take along a couple backpacks inside the park-filled with snacks and bottled water you can grab at a local Publix grocery store. Food can be costly-especially if you have a few kids in tow.

Have a fabulous vacation.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 06:42 AM
joe

No you are not planning too early. After November, you will not be able to find anything decent at a decent price. Third week of Feb is vacation week for hundreds of thousands of school kids in the New England states. Families flock to Orlando