COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Disney - Two Women 3 days

Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 04:50 PM
miz
Original Poster

Disney - Two Women 3 days

We are two 35 yr olds going to take a break from work to Disney for 3 days. Where is the best location to stay that will give us easy access to the different parks and activities. We want a nice comfortable place to stay. Does not have to be super expensive but we don't want hotel regret.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:17 PM

You want to stay on the property for ease of access. The mid priced hotels: Carribean, Coronado or Port Orleans can be all families with kiddies in every room. Depending on your price range and your time of year, you might get a deal at the next tier up and minimize the kid population, but you are at Disney. Check out rates at Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin, and Animal Kingdom to see how you do.

If you need to stay in the mid ranges, I have always like the water setting of Carribean, but I will bet Coronado has fewer kids.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:51 PM

Go to the Disney site and look for info on "build your own vacation". There are LOTS Of discounts offered right now by Disney, so check those out, and have a GREAT time.

Also for shopping there are some GREAT outlets in the area. Your hotel will have info and probably discount coupons, also ASK for coupon books at the outlets malls as some offer additional coupon discounts.

Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 02:42 AM

I would recommend a hotel in the Epcot Resort Area - The Boardwalk Inn, Beach Club/Yacht Club or the Swan/Dolphin (not Disney owned). From this area, you can walk to Epcot and Disney Studios (or take a boat).

If you are planning to go between now and Christmas, there are some great deals to be had. If you have a Disney Visa credit card, Disney is offering Free Dining during certain dates. There are also other deals available. Go to disneyworld.com, click on Tickets and Reservations and then click on Special Offers. You can book a room only reservation, or you can book a package with tickets and dining.

Also, go to disboards.com and mousesavers.com for more information.

Have fun!
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 10:13 AM
JJ5

www.mousesavers.com has some preferred pkgs at hotels in Disney, not owned by Disney, and much more adult end/nice for less $$ than Disney.

They have a preferred list and several other review features that are interesting. With adults I really think I would go this way to get out of the mass of little kids, if it was I.

Royal Plaza, Hilton at Walt Disney World Resort, and others at Lake Buena Vista Walt Disney World Resort- 1 or 2 blocks from downtown Disney- would be a savings and put you into nicer adult pools and near all the dowtown Disney perks, as well.

Access, shuttles, Disney transport is all easier than from the larger high end resorts like the Marriot golf course location.
Old Oct 3rd, 2008, 10:33 AM

miz,

Agree with Mikesmom, if you can swing deluxe price stay in one of the Epcot hotels (Easy access to many adult attractions). If not then for moderates I like Port Orleans/Riverside (you can take a boat to Downtown disney if you are looking for nightlife). Value hotels are more or less just a place to sleep/swim/eat, but they are very clean.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM
miz
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies...Additional info:
Dates Oct 13-15, 2008
We actually already have airfare from an unused SW ticket credit & we have free passes to the parks. We do want to be where we can get to enjoy the nightlife (clubs)we are both single. We will check out the shopping you recommend for sure. Trying not to spend a lot on hotel so won't do the high end ones.
Moderate yes.
Old Oct 4th, 2008, 08:44 PM

If you do not mind staying off disney property, try priceline. You can get a great hotel for very little money.

Last time we went to Orlando, we stayed at a 2 and a 1/2 star hotel for $28.00. The pool area was great! and there was easy access to all the parks.

Have a great time!
Laurie