McCarren Airport Question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked McCarren Airport's website and couldn't find the answers to these two questions.
1. We arrive in terminal 1 and connect to a flight in terminal 2. On the airport map it does not appear that these two terminals are connected. How do you get between the terminals?
2. How late do the restaurants in the airport stay open?

Thanks for your help!
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:30 PM

There is a train/monorail between the two terminals.

At least some restaurants are open very late. We hung out in one (Wolfgang Puck's) until about midnight before taking the red eye back to the east coast. I don't remember having the feeling that all the shops in the terminal were closed that late either.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick reply! Is it time consuming getting between the terminals? I have been to the airport on several occasions but only in terminal 1. My concern is that earlier in the year when we booked our flights our return had 2 hours between flights. That has now been changed to 1 hour and now that I see we arrive/depart in different terminals I have gotten a little nervous.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:36 PM

No, very quick...I'd say 10-15 minutes max even when the airport is crowded. I just did it on Sunday & Monday.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 12:48 PM

tpat,
are you sure about the train/monorail?

Terminal 2 (less than a dozen gates) is used for charter flights, smaller airlines and international.

There is a monorail within Terminal 1 to get to some of the gates (C&D).

I believe that to go from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 you either have to take the free shuttle bus or walk.
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 02:03 PM

I stand corrected. Sorry for the misinformation. I thought Terminal 2 was where C & D gates are located. I was wrong.

www.mccarran.com the airport's website does not appear to have the answer to your question either though.

Old Nov 9th, 2006, 03:02 PM

Terminal 2 is where most of the international flights come in, it seems weird to me that they would allow a connecting flight from another terminal like that. Did you make these 2 flights separately?
Old Nov 9th, 2006, 07:57 PM

There is a shuttle BUS that goes between the main termainal and the isolated terminal 2.

As vegasnative said, terminal 2 is for international flights. Also, some charters do business there and some smaller airlines.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 04:28 AM
Original Poster

We are flying from Chicago to Vegas on American and from Vegas to Honolulu on Hawaiian Airlines. According the McCarren's website, Hawaiaan Airlines is in Terminal 2. Does someone know something different?
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Terminal 2 is a nice smallish terminal. As I said, you get from the main terminal 1 to terminal 2 by shuttle bus. Here is what I got from the wedsite:

Teminal 2 Shuttle
Free shuttle bus service between Terminal 1 and 2 is available during all hours of flight operations at Terminal 2. The bus stop at Terminal 1 is located on the Zero Level below baggage claim. At Terminal 2, the bus stop is located directly in front of the ticketing lobby entrance.

Service is provided approximately every 12-15 minutes.

I use "zero level" to get a different shuttle bus when I park in the ecomomy lot. If you can't find it just ask somebody. You should have no problem if you have enough time between filghts.

I have been in terminal 2 and I know they have snack bars there. I don't remember if they have any real restaurants in terminal 2. When I took an early flight from terminal 2 the snack bars were just opening for the morning.

I don't know how long restaurants stay open at the airport as I live in Las Vegas and never eat at the airport.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 06:54 AM

I forgot....yes Hawaiian airlines is in terminal 2. Here is a list of the airlines in terminal 2:

Air Atlanta Europe
Air Canada
Air North
air transat
Aviacsa
Belair
bmi
Condor
Harmony
Hawaiian Airlines
Hooters Air
Korean Air
Maxjet
Mexicana
Miami Air
My Travel
Omni Air
Philippine Airlines
Ryan International
Skyservice
TransMeridian Airlines
Virgin Atlantic
WestJet
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Thanks IamBooth, I am all set. Thanks for all the replies.
Old Nov 10th, 2006, 09:01 PM

Yes, you'll have to take a bus from terminal one to two. Once you go outside from terminal one there is a covered area to catch a bus to the connecting terminal. Several different connecting busses stop there so make sure you're getting on the right one Terminal 2 is a small terminal and much, much less hectic than terminal 1.