Reload this Page >

help with honolulu airport terminal...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 03:12 PM
James

My parents are flying into to Honolulu on Hawaiian Air. They will be catching a flight on Aloha Air to Kauai-doing this because we can use air miles for interisland air. How far will they have to go from Hawaiian's mainland flight debarking area to Alohas interisland terminal? Is there a way they could be shuttled? I guess they would like to stretch their legs some if it isn't too far. Thanks for the info!

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 04:04 PM
xxxxxxx

honoluluairport.com

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:24 PM
linda

If I remember correctly from previous visits, you can either walk through the main airport to the inter-island terminal or take the "wike wike" (?spelling) shuttle to the other terminal.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 05:36 PM
Joy

There is a shuttle bus (called the "Wiki Wiki") which will take them to the inter-island terminal.

Old Apr 19th, 2002, 06:23 PM
scigirl

It is also possible to walk. If your parents are up to a short walk (10 minutes?) they can walk to the interisland terminal. It can be nice to stretch your legs after being stuck on a 8 hour flight.

Old Apr 20th, 2002, 05:07 PM
lcuy

The wiki-wiki shuttles are right outside as they exit the plane. Stand under the sign. If they choose to walk, tell them to watch for the sign to Interisland or Hawaiian baggage claim directing them to veer off to the left. Hawaiian Air's mainland flights arrive in the main terminal, although their baggage claim and Aloha's interisland flights are in the interisland terminal. It is possible to walk to the main terminal lobby and then have to walk back to the interisland one. It isn't the end of the world, just a little extra walking. the wikiwiki bus is the easiest.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 02:27 PM
xxx

more like a 20 minute walk and I am not up to it after a flight (at 41) in from the west coast. This year flying directly into outer islands just to avoid that hecktic nonsense at HNL airport. tell your parents to wait for that wikiki find a seat on neaby shaded bench because some times you have to wait 10-15 minutes for that shuttle. HNL airport really needs to get their act together as far as this goes.

Any other airport would have shorter tram waiting for people like your parents James.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 03:06 PM
yyy

you must really be out of shape.

after a 5 hour flight a little walk would do you good.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 10:49 PM
lcuy

Just did the walk today. It is about 5 minutes IF you follow the sign to interisland terminal. IF you miss the left turn, then it is a 20 minute walk as you go all the way to the main terminal lobby, then back to the interisland lobby.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:23 AM
xxx

yyy last time I Had to do that connection in HNL (last Summer) I was running 20 minutes five nights a week after a 10 hour work day, size 4 and not starving myself at 40 so hardly out of shape.

It is not just the walk it is finding where you are going and then getting to your gate and finding a line that may have you wait an additional hour even if you have a reservation.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:27 AM
xxx

lcuy if that is the case than why do airport employees tell you it is a 20 minute walk? Sorry I have done this connection yearly. I really hope you are right but I tend to think you are exaggerating and James has elderly parents. My apologies if you are not exaggerating.