Reload this Page >

maui romantic dinners

Search

maui romantic dinners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Jennifer

maui romantic dinners

Message: My husband and I (in our 30's) are planning our 10th anniversary in Maui in October. 5 nights at the Sheraton in Kaanapali, 5 nights at the Kea Lani in Wailea. By staying at both, I'm hitting the best of both worlds yes? My question is the dinner under the stars at the Sheraton - anyone every paid the $150 per person to do this? I'm thinking of surprising my husband with this on our anniversary night. Any other romantic suggestions for dinner at either of these 2 resorts or nearby? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Old Apr 17th, 2002, 05:15 PM
Bart

A suggestion is The Plantation House Restaurant. It's located at the Plantation Golf Course in Kapalua. If you are at the Sheraton for your anniversity it's just up the road. Go for sunset and ask for a window. Your view is the Golf Course, Ocean, Lanai and Molokai. It is operated by the same group that runs the Beach House on Kauai. we go to Maui every other year and we go to TPH at least once each trip. They will make it a special event.
Goode luck and Aloha

Old Apr 24th, 2002, 05:56 PM
Marti

Jennifer, you are going to LOVE the Sheraton, We were there last year in September. My suggestion for a dinner is I'Os. Owned by the same people who run Pacificos. We had the most wonderful dinner, outdoor from the restaurant, very close to the water. The staff at the Sheraton is great, so I'm sure if you do their dinner, it will be wonderful, but I highly recommend I'O's. Have fun!!!!

Old Apr 25th, 2002, 08:36 PM
Happy

My husband and I spent our tenth anniversary on Maui. I would highly recommend Gerard's in Lahaina. The food was fantastic! If you like Creme Brulee it is the best there. Also, the atmosphere is very romantic. When we were there Kelsey Grammer was also dinning there. My husband thought I was joking but I wasn't.
I would also recommend the old Lahaina Luau. That is also very romantic. It is a great show.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 06:59 AM
GP

On my wife's 40th birthday we went to the Humuhumunukunukuapua'a at the Grand Wailea. We asked for and got a table so we could watch the sunset. It was very nice. I do not remember much about the food or service but the setting was great.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Tracy

You must try Mama's Fish House. It will feel like you've found a local's secret. It's a bit hard to find, but once you do you'll be glad. Ask for a table overlooking the water. Fabulous food!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Marti

I agree with Tracy, Mama's fish house is great, but it's more upbeat, I stand by I'O's as the romantic surprise for your hubby, Jennifer.

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Lenore

I agree that Mama's Fish House has fabulous food and is a "happening" place. However, I thought it was somewhat crowded and noisy. I surely didn't think it was very romantic. That said, you should still make a reservation (essential) for this restaurant sometime during your vacation. Enjoy!

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 03:14 PM
Patty

I'm not sure if I'O's is the most romantic restaurant in Maui but of the places that we went to (including Mama's Fish House, Pacific'O, Roy's, Plantation House, Sansei, Hula Grill, Haliimale General Store) I thought it definitely had the best food.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 03:50 PM
Jennifer

Jennifer - Nick's Rest. at the Kea Lani is fabulous. This is one of the loveliest experiences my husband and
I have ever had. It is outside with
a nice view, outstanding service and excellent food. The service makes you
feel so special ! Don't miss this one.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 01:51 PM
romance

My husband and I found the service at Nick's to be oppressive and bordering on excessive and ridiculous when we dined there two years ago. Later during that vacation and on a subsequent vacation last year, we really enjoyed dinners at A Pacific Cafe in Kihei and the outdoor restaurant closest to the ocean at the Four Seasons restaurant. A Pacific Cafe is not "romantic" per se, but the food is fantastic and the service is personable and knowledgeable. The FS restaurant is IMHO unabashedly romantic. You sit at a table on a terrace with nothing in front of you but the ocean. (Nick's is set back a considerable distance from the ocean. Between it and you, the Kea Lani's swimming pool.) You're facing west, so time your meal for sundown. Drinks, dinner, wine, a guitar/violin duo playing classic music softly in the background, the torches being lit as dusk falls...You will want the meal to last and last. And, the service is accomplished without being obsequious.

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 03:34 PM
aaaaaa

Many claim the Swan Court at the Hyatt is romantic. I found it very pretty but the dinner was not worth the $$$$$.

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Kaybee

Just returned from a 7 night stay at the Sheraton Maui. The place is absolutely beautiful, we stayed in building 4 on the second floor. We did not do the romantic dinner, but most every night we saw at least one being set up. They set up a table with linens and flowers, and a double tiki torch. The one we saw most was at a spot beside the pool. It's a small alcove where the lifeguard sits by the small pool slide. We never strolled by during a dinner, but I'm sure it would be very romantic. At that location, you are also very close to the beach, and the crash of the waves is constant. It seems a little pricey for my taste, but would make an excellent surprise. Good Luck!!

Old May 18th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Jennifer

Thanks to all for your replies! I've found that fodors chat is the best source for planning our dream vacation! Everyone is very honest, unlike a lot of websites that are purely promotional. Thanks again