Maui Valentines Day Dinner

Jan 9th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Maui Valentines Day Dinner

We'll be in Maui (West Maui) for Valentines Day next month and am looking for some suggestions for dinner on "the Day". We've been to Kimo's, Ruth's Chris' and the Plantation. We don't tend to spend a lot for meals but thought we would splurge. I know a lot of people like Mama's, but I would prefer to stay in West Maui for dinner. I figure I will need to make reservations before we get there.

And as long as I'm asking - we would also like recommendations for the zipline. Kapalua or Haleakala, or someplace else on Maui?
Jan 9th, 2012, 09:44 PM

Very romantic would be the Son'z Maui at Swan Court in the Hyatt in kaanapali. Tables are at a beautiful tropical pond setting with waterfall. For romantic dining with an ocean view, I would recommend Hula Grill also in Kaanapali or Pacific'O in Lahaina. For beach side dinner including luau style entertainment check out the website for the Feast at LeLe in Lahaina.
Jan 10th, 2012, 03:57 AM

While Sansei (in a hotel in Kanapali?) is known for their sushi - they also have a full menu and a nice setting.

Now sure what else you were asking - but Kapalua has a beautiful cove/good snorkeling, and if you can get up early (say by 3:30 to 4 am) and out the door pretty quickly - greeting the sunrise at Haleakala is marvelous - but take along a light jaket/sweatshirt as it can be brisk at that altitude. I just grabbed a hotel towel and was glas to have the "shawl" to watch the splendid aura.

Coming back down - you get to see UpCountry Maui in the daytime and also have some great views.
Jan 10th, 2012, 03:58 AM

Here's the Sansei page: http://www.sanseihawaii.com/
Jan 10th, 2012, 10:06 AM

Sansei has great food but no views. I would recommend it for fun festive evening out but not a romantic evening.
Jan 11th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. We'll check them out a bit further.

As for the question of Kapalua or Haleakala, my question was for the zipline. The one at Haleakala looks like it goes through the trees and I've been up there when all you could see was fog so I'm a bit leery about spending the money. I think I would rather go to some other zipline. Thus the question of which one.