Help with a birthday dinner splurge on Maui

Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:47 PM
Original Poster

Help with a birthday dinner splurge on Maui

Hi,
Our first night on Maui for our honeymoon this August will be my 26th birthday...What restaurants would you suggest for a special splurge? We love a menu with steak and seafood (lobster, scallops, shrimp),pasta, fresh veggies, frozen drinks, and chocolate desserts
I would also love to sit outside near the beach/ocean. We are staying at the Hyatt, and will most likely limit our expensive dinners to only a couple because we have 13 nights in Hawaii and don't want spend a ton every night.
So, where would you suggest? Thanks for your help!
Feb 22nd, 2004, 03:56 PM

I think Mama's fish house would suit the bill to a T. Its gorgeous, on the beach and has great food. It is costly but worth it for that special night out. Go to theor web: www.mamasfishhouse.com
Feb 23rd, 2004, 07:49 AM

My niece had her wedding dinner last May at the Grand Wailea Resort's Humuhumu Restaurant (http://www.grandwailea.com/dining/humuhumu.asp). It was fabulous. Great food, beautiful location. Check it out.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 08:29 AM

Best meal on Maui is got to be David Paul's Lahaina Grille. Excellent food, service, and there are several rich chocolate desserts. No outside seating. We were just in Maui for 2 weeks and had nice dinners almost every night, David Paul's really stood out.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 10:55 AM

The best restaurant on Maui is Sarentos. It is on the beach in South Maui. Great food, service, and location. You'll love it.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:19 AM

We loved the Humuhumu too (It is in the Grand Wailea) However if you are staying at the Hyatt, in Kanapali (I am thinking) then perhaps you would enjoy Roy's which is just north of you, between Kanapali and Kapalua.
Enjoy the essence of Maui, oh how much we adore it! And 13 nights for you, what a treat! Aloha.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:40 AM

I second the recommendation for Sarento's. The food, service and view are amazing.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:48 AM

All the above restaurants are wonderful. But I must agree about Mama's Fish House, make sure you have a reservation to see the sunset right on the beach, a wonderful Maui experience. The service is excellent you will not feel rushed. David Paul's is very good, but the only view you have is of the road and sidewalk, where people do like to see what you are eating. Also Seawatch in Waliea has a wonderful view and great food. My personal birthday favorite is Chez Paul's for french food.
Feb 23rd, 2004, 11:34 PM

When we visited Maui my Husband and I splurged at the restaurant at the Ritz Carlton. We wanted to see what the hotel looked like and celebrate aa night out without the kids. I cannot remember what it was called. It was gorgeous, fodd was wonderful but very gourmet and upscale. We probably spent to much money as the Ritz can be pricey but all in all very romantic. Good luck!
Feb 24th, 2004, 12:47 PM

It really would be a toss up between Sarento's and Mama's. I think Sarento's had a more romantic feel. Sarento's has an Italian inspired menu, but certainly not a typical "Olive Garden" type Italian restaurant. Both have great ocean views and great service. Have a great birthday! I can't personally think of any way that I would rather spend my birthday than at a great restaurant in Maui. Enjoy!