Old Feb 9th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui Restaurants - Lahaina

For a splurge night out, which would you choose:

Gerard's
David Paul's
Pacific O

I'm surmising that the food (and the bill)will be of a higher caliber at the first two, but wonder if the oceanfront atmosphere of the third trumps that. Not interested in driving all the way to Mama's.

Also, any thoughts on Chez Paul? It's actually very close to where we are staying, but I've heard bad things recently.

We're 30-somethings. Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 10:38 AM

Hi!

We ate at both David Paul's and Pacific O while in Lahaina. We much preferred Pacific O for the food and view and everything. We were not very impressed with David Paul's! Pacific O was probably the best meal we had.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 01:13 PM

My husband and I eloped in Maui 6 years ago and had our wedding dinner at Pacific O. It was wonderful... great food and great atmophere!
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM

We also liked Pacific O. Get there before the sun goes down and ask to sit outside. You will be seated nearly at the water's edge and be treated to an amazing sunset.
Old Feb 9th, 2006, 02:11 PM
TahitiTams

HI..
I have been eating at Chez Paul's for years and it has always been great.. I haven't been in the last year, maybe it has changed since then.. I have not been to the others you have mentioned but will be going to Maui soon and will check them out..
Here is the website: chezpaul.net
I love going to Jake's and having Ahi and a couple of cocktails or Hula Grill for lunch or dinner and that is oceanfront and always good and perfect for your age group.
Have fun in Maui!
Mahalo

Old Feb 9th, 2006, 09:42 PM

The chef for Pacific O also is chef for Feast at Lele on the beach at Lahaina. While I realize you did not ask about a luau, Feast at Lele has individual tables right on the beach; the quality of the food, and the more intimate atmosphere, makes it special. Just in case you also planned to go to a luau during your trip, this might be a way to do it.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. One question regarding Pacific O. Assuming we eat later (after dark), is it a bad idea to request an outside table in Feb (i.e. will it be too cold)? I know you can't predict the weather . . .

Thanks again.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 05:36 AM

When we last ate at Pacific O, it was in the month of Feb. It was not cold, but after the sun goes down, you might want a light jacket or sweater.
Old Feb 10th, 2006, 05:53 AM

Pacific O would be my choice and I would eat outside..take a shawl or sweater. However, I try to stay away from those overhead heaters...just spoils it for me.