Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Any Good Moderately Priced Restaurants in Maui?

Notices

Old Jul 25th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My sister and brother-in-law will be taking a family vacation in Maui in a couple of weeks, and she has been looking into restaurants for the six of them for dinner. Almost all she has read about have entrees in the $30 or above bracket. Are there any good restaurants with entrees in the $20 bracket, not exactly "in" places but good food?
Old Jul 25th, 2004, 06:14 PM

Sure, there are lots of good choices. Where are they staying? I can recommend some good choices for even less than $20.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Original Poster

They will be staying at the Royal Lahaina Resort in Lahaina, Maui.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:22 PM

In a strip shopping center: Maui Tacos on the Wailea side. No ambience, just good tacos. We go them to go one night took them back to the hotel and ate outside, it was spectacular.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:29 PM

OK, plenty choices in Lahaina, some better than others. I like Lahaina Coolers, Maui Tacos, Cool Cat Cafe for burgers, Sunrise cafe for breakfast, Pizza Paradiso in Whaler's Village, Aloha Mixed Grill (must eat there once), Cilantro, Gaby's--this is just a sampling of affordable eats in Lahaina. Tiwards naplil, the Gazebo for breakfast, Okazuya deli in Honokowai. For a dinner deal, Canoes in Lahaina has a sunset dinner special (14.95, maybe 19.95) and they have a giant salad bar. I fill up at the salad bar and take the meal home for the next day!

If they go to Wailuku, Tiffany's is a favorite of ours, so is Frans, A Saigon Cafe, Fran's.

In Kihei, Maui Kitchen, Da Kitchen, L&L, Jawz Tacos, Fernandos, Maui Tacos, Sala Thai, Alexanders Fish and Chips, Life's a Beach. Five Palms and KKO have early dinner specials. Bada Bings has OK budget Italian food, not fabulous, but not bad.

Manana Garage in Kahului has 50% on all entrees between 5:30 and 6.

Casanova in makawao is the best Italian value I have found, with prices under $20 and lots of really good pasta and seafood seleections.

Anyplace in Paia, but I am partial the Pa`ia Fish Market, whi, IMO, makle the best `ahi on the island, ith a big `ahi burger at under $10. Milagros is another fav of mine in Pa`ia.

Thy can eat very well for under $30 a plate.
Old Jul 26th, 2004, 01:40 PM

Oh, and I almost forgot, my very favorite eats in Lahaina--the hotdog vendor who parks by the stairs to the Whale's Tale and has tofu pups and sauerkraut for $4, including a drink and chips. hehe
Old Jul 30th, 2004, 11:34 PM

We went with 3 teens/young adults who dont like seafood too well!! And went to Maui Tacos, Lahaina Coolers, Cheeseburger in Paradise, Aloha Mixed Grill, The Gazebo, Alexanders fish and chips(they had chicken) and a couple mexican places I cant remember the names of. Most are under $15.00 a plate no problem. I had fish tacos at several places and they were all great.
Old Jul 31st, 2004, 04:10 AM

Mulligan's irish restaurant on the golf course across from the Fairmont in Wailea.

Leilani's in Kaanapali had great lunch prices, not sure about dinner though.